Also, how much of this would be solved by adding a working eavestrough to the exterior portion of that wall with a downspout 4-5' away from the home.
Have you gone outside to the area where the water is coming in? What's out there? A concrete or dirt 'patio'? A downspout that's dumping water within 3' of the foundation? Sloping ground TOWARDS the house instead of AWAY from it? Leaking gutters? MISSING gutters???
I'd look at these things first. EACH and every one of them. The FUnny thing about water is it CAN travel a path of 'least resistance'. During the next decent rain storm, (in the absence of lightening), don a raincoat, boots, and an umbrella and take a walk around the house. Look for the signs I've described. If you can fixt these 'deficiencies', I'm sure your 'problem' will go away. You may simply find that water is making its way between a crack where the patio meets the wall, or because you have a loose-fill garden right outside the wall whose dirt is VERY porous, or a missing gutter, or a downspout that's disconnected or whose water is simply running back towards the house. In short, get the water AWAY from the foundation and see what happens.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers