Also, how much of this would be solved by adding a working eavestrough to the exterior portion of that wall with a downspout 4-5' away from the home.
Have you gone outside to the area where the water is coming in? What's out there? A concrete or dirt 'patio'? A downspout that's dumping water within 3' of the foundation? Sloping ground TOWARDS the house instead of AWAY from it? Leaking gutters? MISSING gutters???
I'd look at these things first. EACH and every one of them. The FUnny thing about water is it CAN travel a path of 'least resistance'. During the next decent rain storm, (in the absence of lightening), don a raincoat, boots, and an umbrella and take a walk around the house. Look for the signs I've described. If you can fixt these 'deficiencies', I'm sure your 'problem' will go away. You may simply find that water is making its way between a crack where the patio meets the wall, or because you have a loose-fill garden right outside the wall whose dirt is VERY porous, or a missing gutter, or a downspout that's disconnected or whose water is simply running back towards the house. In short, get the water AWAY from the foundation and see what happens.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes