Also, how much of this would be solved by adding a working eavestrough to the exterior portion of that wall with a downspout 4-5' away from the home.
Have you gone outside to the area where the water is coming in? What's out there? A concrete or dirt 'patio'? A downspout that's dumping water within 3' of the foundation? Sloping ground TOWARDS the house instead of AWAY from it? Leaking gutters? MISSING gutters???
I'd look at these things first. EACH and every one of them. The FUnny thing about water is it CAN travel a path of 'least resistance'. During the next decent rain storm, (in the absence of lightening), don a raincoat, boots, and an umbrella and take a walk around the house. Look for the signs I've described. If you can fixt these 'deficiencies', I'm sure your 'problem' will go away. You may simply find that water is making its way between a crack where the patio meets the wall, or because you have a loose-fill garden right outside the wall whose dirt is VERY porous, or a missing gutter, or a downspout that's disconnected or whose water is simply running back towards the house. In short, get the water AWAY from the foundation and see what happens.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways