Also, how much of this would be solved by adding a working eavestrough to the exterior portion of that wall with a downspout 4-5' away from the home.
Have you gone outside to the area where the water is coming in? What's out there? A concrete or dirt 'patio'? A downspout that's dumping water within 3' of the foundation? Sloping ground TOWARDS the house instead of AWAY from it? Leaking gutters? MISSING gutters???
I'd look at these things first. EACH and every one of them. The FUnny thing about water is it CAN travel a path of 'least resistance'. During the next decent rain storm, (in the absence of lightening), don a raincoat, boots, and an umbrella and take a walk around the house. Look for the signs I've described. If you can fixt these 'deficiencies', I'm sure your 'problem' will go away. You may simply find that water is making its way between a crack where the patio meets the wall, or because you have a loose-fill garden right outside the wall whose dirt is VERY porous, or a missing gutter, or a downspout that's disconnected or whose water is simply running back towards the house. In short, get the water AWAY from the foundation and see what happens.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!