My home addition has an steel I-Beam running down the center of the ceiling and I plan on covering with a wood "box" so that it looks like a wooden beam. I've seen a home improvement show (not sure which) that had a company installing a faux ceiling beam system. Does anyone know of a company that does this or have an idea how I could build one myself?
Hi Carl, this is really fairly simple. First install some wood blocks to the I-beam every couple of feet, the blocks need to be flush with the bottom of the beam or can protrude a little bit. Second make your box (|_|) so that it will slip over the wood blocks, raise to ceiling and attach to the blocks with either nails or screws (personally I'd use screws). Done! Hope this helps, good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!