Insulating and Framing Basement Wall Beside Stairs
If you can find an insulator in your area that does spray on foam insulation you will get a much better insulation value and a better overall job. The foam can be sprayed onto your wall between the 2x2s and then cut off flush with the front of the framing. You would then apply your wallboard over the cured foam. It will cost more initially but the end result would be much more satisfactory.
Cracked Basement wall on a new home that is currentl...
Basement leaks and other things
Framing basement walls
sump pit and poured basement walls.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!