This is new construction. I had the concrete slab poured 1 1/2" below floor level. I used a product called "Foundation Armour" to seal the concrete. I intent to T-nail 1x4 PT furring strips to the concrete. I will use "Liquid Nails" and screws to secure the plywood to the furring strips. I will staple 15lb felt paper to cover the plywood and install 3/4" redwood oak flooring (not manufactured) as the finished product.
I would appreciate any input you may have on this process, like do I really need to use PT plywood, type nails, etc. My main concern is moisture. I live in Florida, the slab is on grade, and I have excellent drainage with no rivers or other bodies of water nearby. The sealer I have used is sprayed on the concrete. It is lithium silicate which is supposed to react with the free calcium and natural lime to form a crystalline structure within the pores of the concrete. This results in filling the capillary tracks thus rendering the concrete waterproof. I'm a bit skeptical about this and wonder whether I should use add poly-sheeting on top of the concrete just to be safe?
I fell it's great to have an expert to help us DIY's. Thanks.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?