This is new construction. I had the concrete slab poured 1 1/2" below floor level. I used a product called "Foundation Armour" to seal the concrete. I intent to T-nail 1x4 PT furring strips to the concrete. I will use "Liquid Nails" and screws to secure the plywood to the furring strips. I will staple 15lb felt paper to cover the plywood and install 3/4" redwood oak flooring (not manufactured) as the finished product.
I would appreciate any input you may have on this process, like do I really need to use PT plywood, type nails, etc. My main concern is moisture. I live in Florida, the slab is on grade, and I have excellent drainage with no rivers or other bodies of water nearby. The sealer I have used is sprayed on the concrete. It is lithium silicate which is supposed to react with the free calcium and natural lime to form a crystalline structure within the pores of the concrete. This results in filling the capillary tracks thus rendering the concrete waterproof. I'm a bit skeptical about this and wonder whether I should use add poly-sheeting on top of the concrete just to be safe?
I fell it's great to have an expert to help us DIY's. Thanks.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight