I've seen a lot of posts on insulating basement walls, but I only want to do basement ceiling. Here's my plan of attack - any suggestions/comments are most welcome. Please forgive some of my terminology - still learning.
1. Seal and insulate with rigid foam board where joists meet foundation - at the sole plate?
2. R19 6 1/4" thick faced fiberglass - facing up toward first floor.
3. 4 mil vapor barrier over entire ceiling surface - to cover joists and insulation.
4. Reinstall existing drop ceiling.
Covering exposed basement insulation...Tyvek maybe?!?
Basement ceiling vapor barrier
noise on Basement ceiling
Basement ceiling insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects