I've seen a lot of posts on insulating basement walls, but I only want to do basement ceiling. Here's my plan of attack - any suggestions/comments are most welcome. Please forgive some of my terminology - still learning.
1. Seal and insulate with rigid foam board where joists meet foundation - at the sole plate?
2. R19 6 1/4" thick faced fiberglass - facing up toward first floor.
3. 4 mil vapor barrier over entire ceiling surface - to cover joists and insulation.
4. Reinstall existing drop ceiling.
Covering exposed basement insulation...Tyvek maybe?!?
Basement ceiling vapor barrier
noise on Basement ceiling
Basement ceiling insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!