I've seen a lot of posts on insulating basement walls, but I only want to do basement ceiling. Here's my plan of attack - any suggestions/comments are most welcome. Please forgive some of my terminology - still learning.
1. Seal and insulate with rigid foam board where joists meet foundation - at the sole plate?
2. R19 6 1/4" thick faced fiberglass - facing up toward first floor.
3. 4 mil vapor barrier over entire ceiling surface - to cover joists and insulation.
4. Reinstall existing drop ceiling.
Covering exposed basement insulation...Tyvek maybe?!?
Basement ceiling vapor barrier
Basement ceiling insulation
noise on Basement ceiling
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers