Insulation for the cabin ceiling? - Too HOT!!!!
If I can 'imagine' what you have, you have an ATTIC w/o a floor, if you know what I mean. In other words, you have a roof that ISN'T vented.
Yes, this is bad news. ALL that heat is now 'pushing' its way into the living space. There's only one way I know of to fix this problem, and it's the right way.
Since you have an 'exposed' ceiling, you need to add soffit or eave vents, then 'install' a true ceiling. After the ceiling is installed, the 'cavity' between the vents and the ridge will allow for ventilation. Yes, you'll need a Ridge Vent too. The Physics here is that air will enter in the Soffit/Eave Vents, rise up and cool the underside of the roof, and push out any hot air through the Ridge Vent. This process will happen naturally so you needn't assit it.
I am assuming that you have rafters on the underside of your roof, and that your roof is an A-frame type roof; not a flat one. A Professional Contractor can estimate the job for you and tell you what needs to be done.
If this won't work for you, post back w/more details. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
condensation metal roof
Does a detached studio/workshop need to follow speci...
Insulating garage and basement ceiling?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees