Insulation for the cabin ceiling? - Too HOT!!!!
If I can 'imagine' what you have, you have an ATTIC w/o a floor, if you know what I mean. In other words, you have a roof that ISN'T vented.
Yes, this is bad news. ALL that heat is now 'pushing' its way into the living space. There's only one way I know of to fix this problem, and it's the right way.
Since you have an 'exposed' ceiling, you need to add soffit or eave vents, then 'install' a true ceiling. After the ceiling is installed, the 'cavity' between the vents and the ridge will allow for ventilation. Yes, you'll need a Ridge Vent too. The Physics here is that air will enter in the Soffit/Eave Vents, rise up and cool the underside of the roof, and push out any hot air through the Ridge Vent. This process will happen naturally so you needn't assit it.
I am assuming that you have rafters on the underside of your roof, and that your roof is an A-frame type roof; not a flat one. A Professional Contractor can estimate the job for you and tell you what needs to be done.
If this won't work for you, post back w/more details. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
condensation metal roof
Does a detached studio/workshop need to follow speci...
Insulating garage and basement ceiling?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING