Insulation for the cabin ceiling? - Too HOT!!!!
If I can 'imagine' what you have, you have an ATTIC w/o a floor, if you know what I mean. In other words, you have a roof that ISN'T vented.
Yes, this is bad news. ALL that heat is now 'pushing' its way into the living space. There's only one way I know of to fix this problem, and it's the right way.
Since you have an 'exposed' ceiling, you need to add soffit or eave vents, then 'install' a true ceiling. After the ceiling is installed, the 'cavity' between the vents and the ridge will allow for ventilation. Yes, you'll need a Ridge Vent too. The Physics here is that air will enter in the Soffit/Eave Vents, rise up and cool the underside of the roof, and push out any hot air through the Ridge Vent. This process will happen naturally so you needn't assit it.
I am assuming that you have rafters on the underside of your roof, and that your roof is an A-frame type roof; not a flat one. A Professional Contractor can estimate the job for you and tell you what needs to be done.
If this won't work for you, post back w/more details. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
condensation metal roof
Does a detached studio/workshop need to follow speci...
Insulating garage and basement ceiling?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects