Insulation for the cabin ceiling? - Too HOT!!!!
If I can 'imagine' what you have, you have an ATTIC w/o a floor, if you know what I mean. In other words, you have a roof that ISN'T vented.
Yes, this is bad news. ALL that heat is now 'pushing' its way into the living space. There's only one way I know of to fix this problem, and it's the right way.
Since you have an 'exposed' ceiling, you need to add soffit or eave vents, then 'install' a true ceiling. After the ceiling is installed, the 'cavity' between the vents and the ridge will allow for ventilation. Yes, you'll need a Ridge Vent too. The Physics here is that air will enter in the Soffit/Eave Vents, rise up and cool the underside of the roof, and push out any hot air through the Ridge Vent. This process will happen naturally so you needn't assit it.
I am assuming that you have rafters on the underside of your roof, and that your roof is an A-frame type roof; not a flat one. A Professional Contractor can estimate the job for you and tell you what needs to be done.
If this won't work for you, post back w/more details. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
condensation metal roof
Does a detached studio/workshop need to follow speci...
Insulating garage and basement ceiling?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers