Insulation for the cabin ceiling? - Too HOT!!!!
If I can 'imagine' what you have, you have an ATTIC w/o a floor, if you know what I mean. In other words, you have a roof that ISN'T vented.
Yes, this is bad news. ALL that heat is now 'pushing' its way into the living space. There's only one way I know of to fix this problem, and it's the right way.
Since you have an 'exposed' ceiling, you need to add soffit or eave vents, then 'install' a true ceiling. After the ceiling is installed, the 'cavity' between the vents and the ridge will allow for ventilation. Yes, you'll need a Ridge Vent too. The Physics here is that air will enter in the Soffit/Eave Vents, rise up and cool the underside of the roof, and push out any hot air through the Ridge Vent. This process will happen naturally so you needn't assit it.
I am assuming that you have rafters on the underside of your roof, and that your roof is an A-frame type roof; not a flat one. A Professional Contractor can estimate the job for you and tell you what needs to be done.
If this won't work for you, post back w/more details. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
condensation metal roof
Does a detached studio/workshop need to follow speci...
Insulating garage and basement ceiling?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps