I'm in the planning stage of renovating/finishing a "mud room"
that seems to be an addition to the original home (one interior wall is covered with the exerior siding).
the 3 other walls and floor are not finished and not insulated (exposed studs). the mud room is built on a block foundation with a dirt floor(i think) all above grade. the only venting seems to be from the opening around the 4 stairs leading from the outside up in to the mud room.
I've read many ways/suggestion on how to insulate a crawl spce but none seem to address crawl spaces above grade.
general consensus says to put down a vapor barrier (plastic sheeting) on the dirt floor and insulate between the joists. which seems to be the best way for my situation.
Heating ductwork isn't in the crawl space and water lines for clothes washer/sink probably wont be coming up from the floor but probably through the wall.
The mud room floor is going to ripped up so i am up for any suggestions. maybe seal up all venting areas and insulate the walls so i can run water/electric lines where i want to?
what seems like the best way to do this?
thanks in advance
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes