I'm in the planning stage of renovating/finishing a "mud room"
that seems to be an addition to the original home (one interior wall is covered with the exerior siding).
the 3 other walls and floor are not finished and not insulated (exposed studs). the mud room is built on a block foundation with a dirt floor(i think) all above grade. the only venting seems to be from the opening around the 4 stairs leading from the outside up in to the mud room.
I've read many ways/suggestion on how to insulate a crawl spce but none seem to address crawl spaces above grade.
general consensus says to put down a vapor barrier (plastic sheeting) on the dirt floor and insulate between the joists. which seems to be the best way for my situation.
Heating ductwork isn't in the crawl space and water lines for clothes washer/sink probably wont be coming up from the floor but probably through the wall.
The mud room floor is going to ripped up so i am up for any suggestions. maybe seal up all venting areas and insulate the walls so i can run water/electric lines where i want to?
what seems like the best way to do this?
thanks in advance
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard