Garage Door Opener Repair
The gondola is the little thing that glides along the track. I’m assuming you do not have a screw-drive. The opener bar is attached, one end to the gondola, and the other, to the garage door. It (the gondola) needs to slide smoothly along the track. Then there’s the door wheels. Or do you have a 1-piece pivoting door, typically found in areas where there is no snow?
Did you recently adjust a spring or door track? Maybe someone hit the door or track. There are also a couple of screws on most of the opener units, which allow you to adjust the opening and closing force.
Try pulling the emergency handle to disengage the opener from the door. Then open and close toe door manually and see if it sticks anywhere. You can also try to consult your manual for more troubleshooting tips, if you still have it.
It could also be something internal to the unit, in which case it would probably be cheaper and easier, in the long run, to just go buy a new unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!