Garage Door Opener Repair
The gondola is the little thing that glides along the track. I’m assuming you do not have a screw-drive. The opener bar is attached, one end to the gondola, and the other, to the garage door. It (the gondola) needs to slide smoothly along the track. Then there’s the door wheels. Or do you have a 1-piece pivoting door, typically found in areas where there is no snow?
Did you recently adjust a spring or door track? Maybe someone hit the door or track. There are also a couple of screws on most of the opener units, which allow you to adjust the opening and closing force.
Try pulling the emergency handle to disengage the opener from the door. Then open and close toe door manually and see if it sticks anywhere. You can also try to consult your manual for more troubleshooting tips, if you still have it.
It could also be something internal to the unit, in which case it would probably be cheaper and easier, in the long run, to just go buy a new unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!