I would be interesting to know what the humidity level is in the house. For those readers that are just passing by - The condensation is the result of warm, MOIST air condensing-out onto the cold storm door. It doesn't matter how 'thick' the glass is, or even how many layers of glass there are. Depending, you can get condensation to form on almost ANY window or surface.
If condensation was forming on the storm door when the INTERIOR door is closed, then you'd have a warm-air-leak from the house into the 'cavity' between the 2 doors. If you have a humidifier, try dropping it to 35%. If you don't have a dehumidifier, consider getting one. Also, if the door is near a bathroom or a kitchen or on the 'cold' side of the house, the problem is magnified.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
You may want to check the sill at the bottom of the Pella door.
You may need to adjust it for a tighter seal.
Jay J. is right about the condensation.
Glass on storm door makes front door extremely hot
Storm Door Problem
Installing storm door
Best repair for sagging storm door
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them