I live in the Boston area and I started to rake some pine nnedeles that I did not get to in the fall.
I was surprised that when I raked the pine needles much of the "lawn" came with it. I put lawn in quotes since somehow my grass has been replaced by something that maybe be moss. It light green and yellow in color and soft to touch. It comes off it layers very easily. It is somebody taking off a hir piece
I now wide area of bare earth ( 2 by 3 feet sections). I guess I will re seed .
Does anybody know what happened ? The area is shady (pine trees) but there has been grass their in the past. I think there was grass last fall.
I do not think it was grub or insects since do treat foer this. I do weed killer and fertilizer in the spring and fall.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips