I had a new roof put over a side entrance. I was hoping a side benefit would be that I'd no longer have water dripping over the doorway outside. The leaking is from behind the gutters: The rainwater finds a way from the shingles (which overhang about 3/4 of the way over the gutter) to the fascia and then behind the gutter. I've tried to fix the leaks myself (tightening the gutter close to the fascia, etc.) but I'm frustrated. The roofer is no longer in business.
Hello. The problem seems to be that there is no drip edge under your roofing. If there is a drip edge there, then you possibly need a strip of aluminum called a drip edge extender which does what its name suggests: it extends the drip edge. Sometimes when a gutter is installed and pitched towards the downspout, it reveals the fascia. Typically, drip edge extenders are only required in situations where the roof overhang is too short and the rain is hitting the fascia. Have a gutter professional come out and look at the situation or check to make sure you have a drip edge. If you don't, have a roofer install one for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes