Is there a grade difference between photocell switches and if so how do you determine the grade and what is good? I've had a photocell dusk-to-dawn switch installed on some LED rope lighting for a few years and the switch failed. I replaced it with what looked to be the same type and within a month it has failed. The photocell input is 120v, after the photocell is a transformer that drops the voltage for the LED lights. Because the photocell has failed my lights are not on 24 hours each day. I can easily replace the failed switch with another but I want a long term solution.
The photoelectric switch has to be rated for the load you're forcing it to carry or it will soon fail. Get it? Also protect it the best you can from rain.
I understand the load issue and agree. It seems that power surges was blowing my photocell. The previous photocell lasted about 5 years and it was designed for outdoor use but adding protection from the weather is a good idea. I've ordered an Industrial Grade photocell and will install it next week with some weather protection, hopefully this will do the trick
dimmer switch for floor lamp
3 way wiring trouble
Fan Switch Turns Off Lights (on Fan)
Replaced older 600W Lutron Dimmer switch for track l...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight