I purchased laminate flooring from lumber liquidators and used their installers. A few weeks after installation I noticed the edges peeling. I contact the store manager in Knoxville, TN (where we purchased) and he told me to contact customer service. I did. No help at all. Then I contacted the president of lumber liquidators. He did not send a representative nor the installers to look at the problem, which I asked him to do. I took photos of the defects on the installed floor, photos of the label on the box of laminate, etc. I got nothing but what I did wrong: 1. I spilled water or some other liquid on the floor (which I did not) 2. An animal must have used the bathroom on the floor (did not happen) 3. There is too much moisture in the air (there is moisture in every air...they should label.."do not put on floors with moisture in the air) 3. It is improperly installed (lumber liquidators installers installed it).
They agreed to pay $250 to help with repair and I had to sign about 3 pages of releases to not hold lumber liquidators responsible. Now, the floor is peeling everywhere and in some places the top layer is coming completely off!!!
I talked with a friend in Chattanooga that bought the same flooring in a different color and she is having the same problem!!
What can I do? My entire flooring needs to be replaced. Funny though the laminate that I purchased for $.99 per sq. ft. at a wholesale warehouse 6 years ago is doing just fine!!!
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers