I purchased laminate flooring from lumber liquidators and used their installers. A few weeks after installation I noticed the edges peeling. I contact the store manager in Knoxville, TN (where we purchased) and he told me to contact customer service. I did. No help at all. Then I contacted the president of lumber liquidators. He did not send a representative nor the installers to look at the problem, which I asked him to do. I took photos of the defects on the installed floor, photos of the label on the box of laminate, etc. I got nothing but what I did wrong: 1. I spilled water or some other liquid on the floor (which I did not) 2. An animal must have used the bathroom on the floor (did not happen) 3. There is too much moisture in the air (there is moisture in every air...they should label.."do not put on floors with moisture in the air) 3. It is improperly installed (lumber liquidators installers installed it).
They agreed to pay $250 to help with repair and I had to sign about 3 pages of releases to not hold lumber liquidators responsible. Now, the floor is peeling everywhere and in some places the top layer is coming completely off!!!
I talked with a friend in Chattanooga that bought the same flooring in a different color and she is having the same problem!!
What can I do? My entire flooring needs to be replaced. Funny though the laminate that I purchased for $.99 per sq. ft. at a wholesale warehouse 6 years ago is doing just fine!!!
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!
What brand was your flooring?? I have Columbia clicette laminate installed in March 2014 and it is peeling.
I had Columbia Laminate installed and one year later it is peeling at some of the edges. Possible delamination? I would not recommend Columbia products. Also, instead of having a subcontractor install the product, I would go with a big box store. You have a lot more recourse with them. I had Lowes install my first laminate (purchased from them) and the product AND install were flawless.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects