I purchased laminate flooring from lumber liquidators and used their installers. A few weeks after installation I noticed the edges peeling. I contact the store manager in Knoxville, TN (where we purchased) and he told me to contact customer service. I did. No help at all. Then I contacted the president of lumber liquidators. He did not send a representative nor the installers to look at the problem, which I asked him to do. I took photos of the defects on the installed floor, photos of the label on the box of laminate, etc. I got nothing but what I did wrong: 1. I spilled water or some other liquid on the floor (which I did not) 2. An animal must have used the bathroom on the floor (did not happen) 3. There is too much moisture in the air (there is moisture in every air...they should label.."do not put on floors with moisture in the air) 3. It is improperly installed (lumber liquidators installers installed it).
They agreed to pay $250 to help with repair and I had to sign about 3 pages of releases to not hold lumber liquidators responsible. Now, the floor is peeling everywhere and in some places the top layer is coming completely off!!!
I talked with a friend in Chattanooga that bought the same flooring in a different color and she is having the same problem!!
What can I do? My entire flooring needs to be replaced. Funny though the laminate that I purchased for $.99 per sq. ft. at a wholesale warehouse 6 years ago is doing just fine!!!
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight