I purchased laminate flooring from lumber liquidators and used their installers. A few weeks after installation I noticed the edges peeling. I contact the store manager in Knoxville, TN (where we purchased) and he told me to contact customer service. I did. No help at all. Then I contacted the president of lumber liquidators. He did not send a representative nor the installers to look at the problem, which I asked him to do. I took photos of the defects on the installed floor, photos of the label on the box of laminate, etc. I got nothing but what I did wrong: 1. I spilled water or some other liquid on the floor (which I did not) 2. An animal must have used the bathroom on the floor (did not happen) 3. There is too much moisture in the air (there is moisture in every air...they should label.."do not put on floors with moisture in the air) 3. It is improperly installed (lumber liquidators installers installed it).
They agreed to pay $250 to help with repair and I had to sign about 3 pages of releases to not hold lumber liquidators responsible. Now, the floor is peeling everywhere and in some places the top layer is coming completely off!!!
I talked with a friend in Chattanooga that bought the same flooring in a different color and she is having the same problem!!
What can I do? My entire flooring needs to be replaced. Funny though the laminate that I purchased for $.99 per sq. ft. at a wholesale warehouse 6 years ago is doing just fine!!!
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips