I purchased laminate flooring from lumber liquidators and used their installers. A few weeks after installation I noticed the edges peeling. I contact the store manager in Knoxville, TN (where we purchased) and he told me to contact customer service. I did. No help at all. Then I contacted the president of lumber liquidators. He did not send a representative nor the installers to look at the problem, which I asked him to do. I took photos of the defects on the installed floor, photos of the label on the box of laminate, etc. I got nothing but what I did wrong: 1. I spilled water or some other liquid on the floor (which I did not) 2. An animal must have used the bathroom on the floor (did not happen) 3. There is too much moisture in the air (there is moisture in every air...they should label.."do not put on floors with moisture in the air) 3. It is improperly installed (lumber liquidators installers installed it).
They agreed to pay $250 to help with repair and I had to sign about 3 pages of releases to not hold lumber liquidators responsible. Now, the floor is peeling everywhere and in some places the top layer is coming completely off!!!
I talked with a friend in Chattanooga that bought the same flooring in a different color and she is having the same problem!!
What can I do? My entire flooring needs to be replaced. Funny though the laminate that I purchased for $.99 per sq. ft. at a wholesale warehouse 6 years ago is doing just fine!!!
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!
What brand was your flooring?? I have Columbia clicette laminate installed in March 2014 and it is peeling.
I had Columbia Laminate installed and one year later it is peeling at some of the edges. Possible delamination? I would not recommend Columbia products. Also, instead of having a subcontractor install the product, I would go with a big box store. You have a lot more recourse with them. I had Lowes install my first laminate (purchased from them) and the product AND install were flawless.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!