We have a 1700sq ft home with two bathrooms. Our master shower and master sinks take a long time to warm up, and then its only moderately warm. We also have a guest bathroom that has a shower and sink where the hot water gets to a temp that most people would say is hot. Both showers use a Mixet setup.
We have had a plumber out who said it was simply the distance from the water heater that is the cause of our Master shower issue. My question is why doesn't the Master shower/sinks get HOT when the guest baths do? My wife and I are at a loss.
Our water heater is 11yrs old and was flushed out within the last year by a reputable plumber.
Scott in Phoenix
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers