I have read several posts from homeowners at the breaking point on dealing with what they believe are defective window and doors.
While I can understand their high stress level I do need to point out a word of caution; that the words, lawyer, class action will only bring out those people that aren't going to help you much. Sure the get even part is great at first but I have read one post where a person saying he/she is working on a suit regarding 2 window companies leads me to have a feeling that this nothing more than the classic ambulance chaser as seen in the movies. Where sure you'll be part of the suit, just understand your piece of the pie is coming after all the"legal expenses". So be happy with the $1.82 you get, you'll still have the problem.
Understand that what you are asking for is to void in most cases a written warranty by the manufacturer, the same thing this "legal eagle" drew up in the first place. It's legally binding and for all it's short comings it's what was available at the time of purchase. Most manufacturers I have dealt with try to work out problems the best they can but they are limited to the wording of the warranty.
So get a copy of your warranty, try to work out the best deal you can if not then understand why. Problems do occur if you are unhappy tell people about it, don't buy from the manufacturer again. I just don't see the point of these posts, or the long threads associated with them as a legal tool. These posts are to help repair, replace, educate and not to be a legal forum.
My apologies to the person seeking to find information for the suit he/she is working on if this suit is for the public good and is free to those wanting assistance; ie no legal expenses attached.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY