I have read several posts from homeowners at the breaking point on dealing with what they believe are defective window and doors.
While I can understand their high stress level I do need to point out a word of caution; that the words, lawyer, class action will only bring out those people that aren't going to help you much. Sure the get even part is great at first but I have read one post where a person saying he/she is working on a suit regarding 2 window companies leads me to have a feeling that this nothing more than the classic ambulance chaser as seen in the movies. Where sure you'll be part of the suit, just understand your piece of the pie is coming after all the"legal expenses". So be happy with the $1.82 you get, you'll still have the problem.
Understand that what you are asking for is to void in most cases a written warranty by the manufacturer, the same thing this "legal eagle" drew up in the first place. It's legally binding and for all it's short comings it's what was available at the time of purchase. Most manufacturers I have dealt with try to work out problems the best they can but they are limited to the wording of the warranty.
So get a copy of your warranty, try to work out the best deal you can if not then understand why. Problems do occur if you are unhappy tell people about it, don't buy from the manufacturer again. I just don't see the point of these posts, or the long threads associated with them as a legal tool. These posts are to help repair, replace, educate and not to be a legal forum.
My apologies to the person seeking to find information for the suit he/she is working on if this suit is for the public good and is free to those wanting assistance; ie no legal expenses attached.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!