I have read several posts from homeowners at the breaking point on dealing with what they believe are defective window and doors.
While I can understand their high stress level I do need to point out a word of caution; that the words, lawyer, class action will only bring out those people that aren't going to help you much. Sure the get even part is great at first but I have read one post where a person saying he/she is working on a suit regarding 2 window companies leads me to have a feeling that this nothing more than the classic ambulance chaser as seen in the movies. Where sure you'll be part of the suit, just understand your piece of the pie is coming after all the"legal expenses". So be happy with the $1.82 you get, you'll still have the problem.
Understand that what you are asking for is to void in most cases a written warranty by the manufacturer, the same thing this "legal eagle" drew up in the first place. It's legally binding and for all it's short comings it's what was available at the time of purchase. Most manufacturers I have dealt with try to work out problems the best they can but they are limited to the wording of the warranty.
So get a copy of your warranty, try to work out the best deal you can if not then understand why. Problems do occur if you are unhappy tell people about it, don't buy from the manufacturer again. I just don't see the point of these posts, or the long threads associated with them as a legal tool. These posts are to help repair, replace, educate and not to be a legal forum.
My apologies to the person seeking to find information for the suit he/she is working on if this suit is for the public good and is free to those wanting assistance; ie no legal expenses attached.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them