I have read several posts from homeowners at the breaking point on dealing with what they believe are defective window and doors.
While I can understand their high stress level I do need to point out a word of caution; that the words, lawyer, class action will only bring out those people that aren't going to help you much. Sure the get even part is great at first but I have read one post where a person saying he/she is working on a suit regarding 2 window companies leads me to have a feeling that this nothing more than the classic ambulance chaser as seen in the movies. Where sure you'll be part of the suit, just understand your piece of the pie is coming after all the"legal expenses". So be happy with the $1.82 you get, you'll still have the problem.
Understand that what you are asking for is to void in most cases a written warranty by the manufacturer, the same thing this "legal eagle" drew up in the first place. It's legally binding and for all it's short comings it's what was available at the time of purchase. Most manufacturers I have dealt with try to work out problems the best they can but they are limited to the wording of the warranty.
So get a copy of your warranty, try to work out the best deal you can if not then understand why. Problems do occur if you are unhappy tell people about it, don't buy from the manufacturer again. I just don't see the point of these posts, or the long threads associated with them as a legal tool. These posts are to help repair, replace, educate and not to be a legal forum.
My apologies to the person seeking to find information for the suit he/she is working on if this suit is for the public good and is free to those wanting assistance; ie no legal expenses attached.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love