Hi, we live in NY and have signed a contract to have all new Alside Excalibur windows installed. I thought the work was going to be done mid December, which isnt too cold here. But it looks like they wont be installed now until the end of Dec, early January.
Can anything go wrong from windows that are installed during very cold weather? We were wondering, with contraction from cold weather, or workers hands being cold and not working their best. I am starting to worry that maybe we should have waited, but we didnt want to go another whole winter with our existing windows. Plus, we thought this work would be done sooner. We placed the order early Nov, so we thought for sure we would be done by mid Dec.
Any thoughts? We have a labor warrantee of 5 years, so that makes me feel better. I asked the contractors and they said, of course, can be installed any season. But I do not fully trust them (they are making $$, thats why!).
Cold weather should not be an issue. As long as you are dealing with a company who has a good reputation you should be fine. In Chicago we do installs all winter long. Alside makes a good product and you should be happy with them.
I'm installing some Anderson windows as part of basement finishing project, and the directions for them (and all windows, I assume) includes calking around the window. Its cold here in the Boston area now, and the most of the caulking I've seen says it should only be used over 40 degrees. Is there some caulking I can use in the cold weather?
Running new circuit
Storing a Clothes Washer
are triple track storm doors less energy efficient?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects