My husband and I bought a new home with Superior Walls. At first, we were very happy to have a basement with Superior Walls. HOWEVER, within the past 6 months we have had water in our basement twice! This past week it was 1" of water throughout our basement. We have a hole in one corner, which I believe should have a pump in it but the builder said he didn't have to install one. The hole fills with water and overflows, but what concerns me most is the amount of water all over our basement. Does this mean a draining system should have been installed?
First of check the ground level and plumbing system because minor fault it can be caused, so check the proper way and fix it by plumber.
so what did the bldr say when you asked him about the hole,,, superior walls aren't to blame but putting a pump in that hole would certainly resolve the issue of a flooding bsmt, don't you agree ? we use zoeller automatic m53 pumps [no $ interest] exclusively,,, would be nice IF you were to install a proper sump, too,,, we use radon sumps as found on eBay OR 2 ferguson's plumbing supply
water in basement, yet no rain outside!
What Else - Water in Da' Basement
Foundation level with ground can't grade soil away f...
water in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!