I own this Craftsman Lawn mower for over 6 years, and it's second hand. I used all that time with no problem at all. The whole maintains I did is only changing oil every year and of course sharpening blades.
Yesterday was a hot day and I began experience troubles to re-start engine after it been shut off for a short period of time. No matter what I did, with prime or no prime, the engine wont start when I cranked.
The only way for me to make it fire up, is try to crank it very rapidly, I had to pull the string numerous of times and very fast (up to 20). And it happened each time after I stop the engine (had to stop and clean the bag from the grass). When it finally starts, it were very unstable for couple of seconds, then run perfectly fine, until next stop.
I pull the spark, gap looks fine to me. I see some oil around the air filter, but nothing dramatic. Hope some one can respond to my question, before I get the ticket for not cutting my grass:(.
Thanks in advance.
I fixed my problem mower today 8/10/07 by purchasing part #632671C a replacement Carbureator that comes with a metal heat shield that replaces the original black paper combo shield and gasket. Age and heat had taken their toll and with a new air filter it starts with one pull just like new. Runs great too.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING