I own this Craftsman Lawn mower for over 6 years, and it's second hand. I used all that time with no problem at all. The whole maintains I did is only changing oil every year and of course sharpening blades.
Yesterday was a hot day and I began experience troubles to re-start engine after it been shut off for a short period of time. No matter what I did, with prime or no prime, the engine wont start when I cranked.
The only way for me to make it fire up, is try to crank it very rapidly, I had to pull the string numerous of times and very fast (up to 20). And it happened each time after I stop the engine (had to stop and clean the bag from the grass). When it finally starts, it were very unstable for couple of seconds, then run perfectly fine, until next stop.
I pull the spark, gap looks fine to me. I see some oil around the air filter, but nothing dramatic. Hope some one can respond to my question, before I get the ticket for not cutting my grass:(.
Thanks in advance.
I fixed my problem mower today 8/10/07 by purchasing part #632671C a replacement Carbureator that comes with a metal heat shield that replaces the original black paper combo shield and gasket. Age and heat had taken their toll and with a new air filter it starts with one pull just like new. Runs great too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps