I own this Craftsman Lawn mower for over 6 years, and it's second hand. I used all that time with no problem at all. The whole maintains I did is only changing oil every year and of course sharpening blades.
Yesterday was a hot day and I began experience troubles to re-start engine after it been shut off for a short period of time. No matter what I did, with prime or no prime, the engine wont start when I cranked.
The only way for me to make it fire up, is try to crank it very rapidly, I had to pull the string numerous of times and very fast (up to 20). And it happened each time after I stop the engine (had to stop and clean the bag from the grass). When it finally starts, it were very unstable for couple of seconds, then run perfectly fine, until next stop.
I pull the spark, gap looks fine to me. I see some oil around the air filter, but nothing dramatic. Hope some one can respond to my question, before I get the ticket for not cutting my grass:(.
Thanks in advance.
I fixed my problem mower today 8/10/07 by purchasing part #632671C a replacement Carbureator that comes with a metal heat shield that replaces the original black paper combo shield and gasket. Age and heat had taken their toll and with a new air filter it starts with one pull just like new. Runs great too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!