My house was built in 1930. Most of the original hardware is still here, I love it and like the look of it. However all of the bedrooms/bathrooms have unlocking knobs with a separate skeleton key lock below it.
My three kids would love to be able to lock themselves into their rooms (to keep their toys safe from the other kids lol) but we dont have the skeleton keys and i imagine they would all be the same so that would defeat the purpose of keeping the others out.
I wanted to buy some replacement knobs with the push button lock (so I could pop it if I needed to get in to check on things lol) but they require a different size hole. (it would ruin my doors and make me take down the original pretty brass decoration around the lock/knob in order to drill)
My question is....is there such a thing as a knob with a locking mech. that will go on a door with a single small hole (the hole and rod thing seem to be the standard 2" stuff)
Thanks for your help or at least for your sympathies....lol
HAPPY DAYS YA'LL
Try these places.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!