I am doing my bathroom over and the mirror over the vanity is I assume, stuck to the wall with liquid nail. It measures 42x42, what is the best way to remove it without damaging the wall behind it?
That's a real problem and potential hazard. I've seen professionals attach several suction devices to hold on with and then gently pry the mirror away but the possibility exists that it may break and cut someone. The wall will have some damage but you should be able to repair with joint compound and gentle sanding.
If it is glued to the wall there is going to be some dmage to the wall. The glue is stuck to the wall. The best way might be to bust the mirror and then try and remove the parts that are glued. Be sure to wear gloves and saftey googles no matter how you try this.
Hi! If the wall behind the mirror is drywall, I would cut the drywall around the mirror, and dispose of the mirror and drywall, since removing the glue will damage the drywall anyways. Then you can use a piece of new drywall, tape and mud the seams with joint compound. Then make sure to use a good primer (preferably oil-based) over the new drywall and joint compound.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?