I am doing my bathroom over and the mirror over the vanity is I assume, stuck to the wall with liquid nail. It measures 42x42, what is the best way to remove it without damaging the wall behind it?
That's a real problem and potential hazard. I've seen professionals attach several suction devices to hold on with and then gently pry the mirror away but the possibility exists that it may break and cut someone. The wall will have some damage but you should be able to repair with joint compound and gentle sanding.
If it is glued to the wall there is going to be some dmage to the wall. The glue is stuck to the wall. The best way might be to bust the mirror and then try and remove the parts that are glued. Be sure to wear gloves and saftey googles no matter how you try this.
Hi! If the wall behind the mirror is drywall, I would cut the drywall around the mirror, and dispose of the mirror and drywall, since removing the glue will damage the drywall anyways. Then you can use a piece of new drywall, tape and mud the seams with joint compound. Then make sure to use a good primer (preferably oil-based) over the new drywall and joint compound.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes