I am doing my bathroom over and the mirror over the vanity is I assume, stuck to the wall with liquid nail. It measures 42x42, what is the best way to remove it without damaging the wall behind it?
That's a real problem and potential hazard. I've seen professionals attach several suction devices to hold on with and then gently pry the mirror away but the possibility exists that it may break and cut someone. The wall will have some damage but you should be able to repair with joint compound and gentle sanding.
If it is glued to the wall there is going to be some dmage to the wall. The glue is stuck to the wall. The best way might be to bust the mirror and then try and remove the parts that are glued. Be sure to wear gloves and saftey googles no matter how you try this.
Hi! If the wall behind the mirror is drywall, I would cut the drywall around the mirror, and dispose of the mirror and drywall, since removing the glue will damage the drywall anyways. Then you can use a piece of new drywall, tape and mud the seams with joint compound. Then make sure to use a good primer (preferably oil-based) over the new drywall and joint compound.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight