I am going to tile the tub surround in my bathroom and I need some advice.
Which is better, to tile all the way to the ceiling or to tile about 6-8 inches below the ceiling - to just under the shower head?
I have heard both should be done, and I know people who have bathrooms done both ways.
Don't know which is better, I spose it's a matter of taste. I have seen it done both ways also. I have also seen bathfitters jobs, that's where a company comes in and puts an acrylic liner over your existing tub. They will ask the customer, "Do you want the matching surround to go to the ceiling?" The jobs I have seen all the way up looked great. You can alway's stop your tile run before you get that far, and do a dry run to see how it looks. I spose if you stopped short of the ceiling, then some kind of semi-gloss paint would also work. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!