I am going to tile the tub surround in my bathroom and I need some advice.
Which is better, to tile all the way to the ceiling or to tile about 6-8 inches below the ceiling - to just under the shower head?
I have heard both should be done, and I know people who have bathrooms done both ways.
Don't know which is better, I spose it's a matter of taste. I have seen it done both ways also. I have also seen bathfitters jobs, that's where a company comes in and puts an acrylic liner over your existing tub. They will ask the customer, "Do you want the matching surround to go to the ceiling?" The jobs I have seen all the way up looked great. You can alway's stop your tile run before you get that far, and do a dry run to see how it looks. I spose if you stopped short of the ceiling, then some kind of semi-gloss paint would also work. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight