I am going to tile the tub surround in my bathroom and I need some advice.
Which is better, to tile all the way to the ceiling or to tile about 6-8 inches below the ceiling - to just under the shower head?
I have heard both should be done, and I know people who have bathrooms done both ways.
Don't know which is better, I spose it's a matter of taste. I have seen it done both ways also. I have also seen bathfitters jobs, that's where a company comes in and puts an acrylic liner over your existing tub. They will ask the customer, "Do you want the matching surround to go to the ceiling?" The jobs I have seen all the way up looked great. You can alway's stop your tile run before you get that far, and do a dry run to see how it looks. I spose if you stopped short of the ceiling, then some kind of semi-gloss paint would also work. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers