We sold a house in 1998 and then bought it back last June. It's in a city and we have both municipal and well water. The well is for watering gardens only. The person who lived here did not use the well for 5 years. We turned it on last summer and it pumps but very slowly. We had a well guy come to see what the problem is and he suggested the well point might be partially clogged. He suggested we pour vinegar down it and let it sit for a couple of days. We tried that and didn't really see a difference.
Any suggestions for unclogging a plugged well point? We've heard that maybe using an air compressor and blowing it out might work.
Help! Thanks for any ideas!
I don't suppose you are from Indy. My son-in-law owns a well business and my husband does all of the pump and service work. My husband says the pump may have to be pulled and the screen cleaned out. If that is not the problem then you may have to have acid run through the lines. Your best bet is to have a good well/pump man do the job unless you know someone who could first pull the pump up to check the screen. If you are from Indy I can of course hook you up with the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight