I have a dilemma, We are remodeling our kitchen on a budget because we plan to move. Currently my kitchen is all 1960's down to the appliances and the cabinet door are some plastic wood looking stuff and the insides are what looks like press board or something.
Anyway I want to rip them out and replace them with new cabinets cheap but nice, my husband on the other hand thinks we should reface the old ones and just buy new ones to match to put in the one area we need more cabinets because he thinks it will be more cost effective.
Now we had an estimate a year ago from a home improvement company that was going to reface our old cabinets, build the new ones we wanted, install a new floor and add new appliances but they wanted $16,000.
Is that the norm?
Was it too high or right on?
Are there ways to get a remodeled kitchen that will help us sell w/out breaking the bank? I hate to put a chunk of money into a kitchen I wont get to enjoy and I know we won't get much return on because of the area we are selling in...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects