I have a dilemma, We are remodeling our kitchen on a budget because we plan to move. Currently my kitchen is all 1960's down to the appliances and the cabinet door are some plastic wood looking stuff and the insides are what looks like press board or something.
Anyway I want to rip them out and replace them with new cabinets cheap but nice, my husband on the other hand thinks we should reface the old ones and just buy new ones to match to put in the one area we need more cabinets because he thinks it will be more cost effective.
Now we had an estimate a year ago from a home improvement company that was going to reface our old cabinets, build the new ones we wanted, install a new floor and add new appliances but they wanted $16,000.
Is that the norm?
Was it too high or right on?
Are there ways to get a remodeled kitchen that will help us sell w/out breaking the bank? I hate to put a chunk of money into a kitchen I wont get to enjoy and I know we won't get much return on because of the area we are selling in...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips