I have a dilemma, We are remodeling our kitchen on a budget because we plan to move. Currently my kitchen is all 1960's down to the appliances and the cabinet door are some plastic wood looking stuff and the insides are what looks like press board or something.
Anyway I want to rip them out and replace them with new cabinets cheap but nice, my husband on the other hand thinks we should reface the old ones and just buy new ones to match to put in the one area we need more cabinets because he thinks it will be more cost effective.
Now we had an estimate a year ago from a home improvement company that was going to reface our old cabinets, build the new ones we wanted, install a new floor and add new appliances but they wanted $16,000.
Is that the norm?
Was it too high or right on?
Are there ways to get a remodeled kitchen that will help us sell w/out breaking the bank? I hate to put a chunk of money into a kitchen I wont get to enjoy and I know we won't get much return on because of the area we are selling in...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!