Of all the darn things, the removeable plastic cup from the top of my Cuisinart food processor fell onto the floor of my dishwasher, (White Westinghouse)from the top rack where I always put it, and got stuck to the heating coil, apparently during the drying cycle. I can't dislodge it because it has melded itself to the coil. I am retired and on a fixed income so if anyone has any ideas how I could remove it, I would be very thankful. If I run the dishwasher again with it stuck there, might it start a fire? Oh, somebody, please help if you can. Thank you.
You'll need to get the dishwasher back on the drying cycle which activates the heating coil.Sometimes you can do this manually by advancing a knob,or just re-run the machine.When heating begins,open the dishwasher door and remove the plastic as it softens up.Since the plastic has the potential of burning you,and electricity is involved,use a wooden spoon or insulated tool.You may need another heating or two to fully remove.You shouldn't need to worry about fire but be aware that if it does occur you can close the door and turn on the water.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes