1.5 Cu. ft, 1000 watts
Please let me know how many amps it takes to install this over-the-range microwave with exterior/interior ventilation exhaust (fan).
Or-- Watts = Volts multiplied by the Amps
Your MW we know is 1000 watts. House voltage average 120, so ...
1000=120 x Amps--- isolate the amperage(divide each side by 120) and we get...
Amps = 8.3
If you add a light say 60 watt bulb redp equation with 1060 for wattage.
Hope this helps....
*Note from Moderator*
Do not do above Read post from bill in follow up to this post.
Do not install a 30 amp circuit. That would require a 30 amp receptacle and no residential microwave that I have seen comes with a 30 amp 120 plug.
Changing it or installing on a circuit other than speced in the manufactures instructions would void the warantee.
If the run is long you want need to upsize the wire because of voltage drop, but that does not make it a 30 amp circuit.
The only "standard 30 amp household circuits" are either 240 for electric water heaters or 120/240 for use with dryers and maybe some builtin ovens.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes