1.5 Cu. ft, 1000 watts
Please let me know how many amps it takes to install this over-the-range microwave with exterior/interior ventilation exhaust (fan).
Or-- Watts = Volts multiplied by the Amps
Your MW we know is 1000 watts. House voltage average 120, so ...
1000=120 x Amps--- isolate the amperage(divide each side by 120) and we get...
Amps = 8.3
If you add a light say 60 watt bulb redp equation with 1060 for wattage.
Hope this helps....
*Note from Moderator*
Do not do above Read post from bill in follow up to this post.
Do not install a 30 amp circuit. That would require a 30 amp receptacle and no residential microwave that I have seen comes with a 30 amp 120 plug.
Changing it or installing on a circuit other than speced in the manufactures instructions would void the warantee.
If the run is long you want need to upsize the wire because of voltage drop, but that does not make it a 30 amp circuit.
The only "standard 30 amp household circuits" are either 240 for electric water heaters or 120/240 for use with dryers and maybe some builtin ovens.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY