1.5 Cu. ft, 1000 watts
Please let me know how many amps it takes to install this over-the-range microwave with exterior/interior ventilation exhaust (fan).
Or-- Watts = Volts multiplied by the Amps
Your MW we know is 1000 watts. House voltage average 120, so ...
1000=120 x Amps--- isolate the amperage(divide each side by 120) and we get...
Amps = 8.3
If you add a light say 60 watt bulb redp equation with 1060 for wattage.
Hope this helps....
*Note from Moderator*
Do not do above Read post from bill in follow up to this post.
Do not install a 30 amp circuit. That would require a 30 amp receptacle and no residential microwave that I have seen comes with a 30 amp 120 plug.
Changing it or installing on a circuit other than speced in the manufactures instructions would void the warantee.
If the run is long you want need to upsize the wire because of voltage drop, but that does not make it a 30 amp circuit.
The only "standard 30 amp household circuits" are either 240 for electric water heaters or 120/240 for use with dryers and maybe some builtin ovens.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps