For that you may be able to remove it and take or send it to someone that offers a porcelaining service to have them sandblast the original finish off and reporcelain it in a different colour. The only other option is to paint what you can and replace the part(s) that can't with ones already finished in that other colour (if available).
You can find some companies that offer a porcelaining service in the 'Appliance Links' "Restoration" section of my site linked below. You can find appliance paints for use on painted areas of appliances at the following link:
LINK > Appliance Touch Up Paints
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited June 07, 2003).]
Then get a metal to metal primer available at hirshfields (it's not needed but will make it last longer).then get any color of latex paint you want go with a semi-gloss to get the new appliance look.
If you know of someone who can use a sprayer good without getting lot's of run's get them to do it a sprayer will make it look like a new appliance.otherwise use a roller will still look better than what you have now (im guessing) I did this to my chest freezer in garage and looks brand new.
Should work-out good for you.
Painting a chest freezer is a bit different as there are no high heat sources in close proximity to the paint like there is on the cook top of the range. I agree, most areas of a range (or any other appliance) which are painted already should be able to be repainted satisfactorily.
Replacing a drop-in stove with a slide-in
How do you remove paint and old adhesive from drywall?
Storage of old stove
When to replace old gas stove?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects