How high above the range should the exhaust fan/hood be installed?
Thank you! I ordered a Broan as well.It's for a small 20" range but I'm sure the clearance will be the same. I haven't received it yet but I wanted to get started with the rough opening to mount. Thanks again.
You may really want to rethink this. 18-20 inches above the cooktop is very low and may well hit you in the face when cooking. Ours is about 28 inches above the cooktop. It is also a Broan but is the higher volume model (Allure III). Also, we are tall and have our countertops about 2 inches above 'normal' (38 inches). This works great for us but you need to get comfortable with whatever height is good for you.
This site is great! I hope that some day I can give others solutions to their dilemas as you guys have me. Just so you get a better idea of what I have. This is a cottage on a lake and the range is only 20 inches wide and the hood is ductless and only 24inches wide. I have decided to go with the bottom of the hood at about 22 inches above the range
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!