How high above the range should the exhaust fan/hood be installed?
Thank you! I ordered a Broan as well.It's for a small 20" range but I'm sure the clearance will be the same. I haven't received it yet but I wanted to get started with the rough opening to mount. Thanks again.
You may really want to rethink this. 18-20 inches above the cooktop is very low and may well hit you in the face when cooking. Ours is about 28 inches above the cooktop. It is also a Broan but is the higher volume model (Allure III). Also, we are tall and have our countertops about 2 inches above 'normal' (38 inches). This works great for us but you need to get comfortable with whatever height is good for you.
This site is great! I hope that some day I can give others solutions to their dilemas as you guys have me. Just so you get a better idea of what I have. This is a cottage on a lake and the range is only 20 inches wide and the hood is ductless and only 24inches wide. I have decided to go with the bottom of the hood at about 22 inches above the range
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects