How high above the range should the exhaust fan/hood be installed?
Thank you! I ordered a Broan as well.It's for a small 20" range but I'm sure the clearance will be the same. I haven't received it yet but I wanted to get started with the rough opening to mount. Thanks again.
You may really want to rethink this. 18-20 inches above the cooktop is very low and may well hit you in the face when cooking. Ours is about 28 inches above the cooktop. It is also a Broan but is the higher volume model (Allure III). Also, we are tall and have our countertops about 2 inches above 'normal' (38 inches). This works great for us but you need to get comfortable with whatever height is good for you.
This site is great! I hope that some day I can give others solutions to their dilemas as you guys have me. Just so you get a better idea of what I have. This is a cottage on a lake and the range is only 20 inches wide and the hood is ductless and only 24inches wide. I have decided to go with the bottom of the hood at about 22 inches above the range
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love