How high above the range should the exhaust fan/hood be installed?
Thank you! I ordered a Broan as well.It's for a small 20" range but I'm sure the clearance will be the same. I haven't received it yet but I wanted to get started with the rough opening to mount. Thanks again.
You may really want to rethink this. 18-20 inches above the cooktop is very low and may well hit you in the face when cooking. Ours is about 28 inches above the cooktop. It is also a Broan but is the higher volume model (Allure III). Also, we are tall and have our countertops about 2 inches above 'normal' (38 inches). This works great for us but you need to get comfortable with whatever height is good for you.
This site is great! I hope that some day I can give others solutions to their dilemas as you guys have me. Just so you get a better idea of what I have. This is a cottage on a lake and the range is only 20 inches wide and the hood is ductless and only 24inches wide. I have decided to go with the bottom of the hood at about 22 inches above the range
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes