Minor Repairs - Laquer Finishes
I would (if possible) take a sample of the stained wood to a pro paint store, they have colored putty, get the color that matches your wood(you may have to get two colors and mix a little of one to the other for a perfect match) putty the places that need it. sand the entire door jamb or door lightly with a 220 grit paper, don't go into the stain when sanding.Wipe off dust. If some of the scuff marks has rubbed off the stain as well, you may need to buy a quart of the closest match to your stain(or have them match it) use a small sponge brush and a rag, useing very little stain in the brush lightly dab the scuffed places and wipe excess with a rag, this is tedious so be patient, don't glob it on, if it is too dark wipe it off a little with the rag. they also have colored markers for stain touch up at the pro paint store too. Allow the stain to dry. If you use brushable lacquer, use as few strokes as possible over your touched up stain or it will wipe it off. If the scuff marks did not reach bare wood, don't put stain on them, if you can't tell, wipe the scuff with a wet rag, you can ussually tell then, be sure to let it completely dry before proceding.
Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, it is worth a try and your easiest way out if it works. Test on one jamb before doing the rest and see if it is satisfactory.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight