Minor Repairs - Laquer Finishes
I would (if possible) take a sample of the stained wood to a pro paint store, they have colored putty, get the color that matches your wood(you may have to get two colors and mix a little of one to the other for a perfect match) putty the places that need it. sand the entire door jamb or door lightly with a 220 grit paper, don't go into the stain when sanding.Wipe off dust. If some of the scuff marks has rubbed off the stain as well, you may need to buy a quart of the closest match to your stain(or have them match it) use a small sponge brush and a rag, useing very little stain in the brush lightly dab the scuffed places and wipe excess with a rag, this is tedious so be patient, don't glob it on, if it is too dark wipe it off a little with the rag. they also have colored markers for stain touch up at the pro paint store too. Allow the stain to dry. If you use brushable lacquer, use as few strokes as possible over your touched up stain or it will wipe it off. If the scuff marks did not reach bare wood, don't put stain on them, if you can't tell, wipe the scuff with a wet rag, you can ussually tell then, be sure to let it completely dry before proceding.
Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, it is worth a try and your easiest way out if it works. Test on one jamb before doing the rest and see if it is satisfactory.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!