Hello, I am having an intermitant problem with the furnace - On two occasions in the past 3 weeks I have noticed the furnace ignite, but then not engage the blower - on both occasions it came on after I changed the thermostat setting or turned off the furnace. What should be my first step, as it seems this might be a pattern?
could be you have developed a flat spot on the motor, meaning if the furnace motor stops on it it will not want to start. but temperature can also affect it if it is just a small spot.one way to test, and be carefull about it, is when the blower does not come on when it should use a small stick (or wooden spoon) and push on the squirl fan in the direction it is supposed to spin. if it starts then it is flat spot. the other ones are the temperature sensors. if there is one for the motor then it could be faulty. there is another one that will shut down the flames if the blower does not come on.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!