In the New Cape Cod Style Home episode Terry Maiche showed how to enhance wood flooring with paint. I thought that I heard that she used plywood in the kitchen. There was no detailed discussion on what type of plywood to use, how to prep and install so that it can be used as a viable flooring system.
Did she also use plywood in the bedroom?
It was standard top grade 3/4" 4x8 sheets finished side up. She used regular oil based paint then sealer. The painted floors do not last as long as traditional flooring materials but since they are much less expensive you can change the look often.
We are moving into a large range that is built on slab. What types of flooring can be used on slab specifically hardwood. Must we install subfloors over the concrete and if so how do we do that. Also have you ever heard of finishing,staining, cutting into 18 x 18 tiles plywood and installing it as flooring?
Shouldn't the plywood flooring have been included?
Flooring in attic space
reinforcing roof truss for storage flooring
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING