In the New Cape Cod Style Home episode Terry Maiche showed how to enhance wood flooring with paint. I thought that I heard that she used plywood in the kitchen. There was no detailed discussion on what type of plywood to use, how to prep and install so that it can be used as a viable flooring system.
Did she also use plywood in the bedroom?
It was standard top grade 3/4" 4x8 sheets finished side up. She used regular oil based paint then sealer. The painted floors do not last as long as traditional flooring materials but since they are much less expensive you can change the look often.
We are moving into a large range that is built on slab. What types of flooring can be used on slab specifically hardwood. Must we install subfloors over the concrete and if so how do we do that. Also have you ever heard of finishing,staining, cutting into 18 x 18 tiles plywood and installing it as flooring?
Shouldn't the plywood flooring have been included?
Flooring in attic space
reinforcing roof truss for storage flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight