In the New Cape Cod Style Home episode Terry Maiche showed how to enhance wood flooring with paint. I thought that I heard that she used plywood in the kitchen. There was no detailed discussion on what type of plywood to use, how to prep and install so that it can be used as a viable flooring system.
Did she also use plywood in the bedroom?
It was standard top grade 3/4" 4x8 sheets finished side up. She used regular oil based paint then sealer. The painted floors do not last as long as traditional flooring materials but since they are much less expensive you can change the look often.
We are moving into a large range that is built on slab. What types of flooring can be used on slab specifically hardwood. Must we install subfloors over the concrete and if so how do we do that. Also have you ever heard of finishing,staining, cutting into 18 x 18 tiles plywood and installing it as flooring?
Shouldn't the plywood flooring have been included?
Flooring in attic space
reinforcing roof truss for storage flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips