I work as an assistant architect and just had a recent education of SIP's. As far as I can tell they are a really great product. They cut down on construction time. They have a higher insulating (R-value) rating than a wood stud wall. In fact a 4" SIP has a higher R-value than a 6" wood stud wall. They have pre-drilled holes in them for electrical wiring, which is truly an electrician's dream (no more "fishing"). You can even build your roof out of SIP's.
I would recommend you go to this web-site which has a lot of information and request a literature packet. www.thermalfoams.com
I live in the Buffalo, NY area. If you live in this vicinity, Thermalfoams has offices in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY. The representative that I spoke with was great and so helpful. If you live elsewhere I am sure the web-site can direct you to a local rep.
Building with Valubuild SIP-Not a "Do it yourself" s...
R-Control SIP building system
Structural Insulated Panels
SIP Panel Electrical boxes?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight