our new old home came with an attached garage with a flat metal roof. The roof is accessed thru a door on 2nd floor.
Wife wants to use the roof as sundeck.
I say metal roof should not be walked on.
Local handyman says its ok with a layer of "astroturf" type carpet. True?
I was thinking of of building removable decking (6' sections with rubber backs on the
4x4s) Any ideas?
Metal roofs are hot! when the sun is out. Depending on your type of roof and how it's coated or not, you could damage the surface or warranty. Also you might cause buckling on parts of the roof by walking on it. A site for information on metal roofs from another post is www.metalroofs.org.
To Construct A Used Bookstore: Should I Use All Ste...
Metal Patio Roof and Gutters
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight