our new old home came with an attached garage with a flat metal roof. The roof is accessed thru a door on 2nd floor.
Wife wants to use the roof as sundeck.
I say metal roof should not be walked on.
Local handyman says its ok with a layer of "astroturf" type carpet. True?
I was thinking of of building removable decking (6' sections with rubber backs on the
4x4s) Any ideas?
Metal roofs are hot! when the sun is out. Depending on your type of roof and how it's coated or not, you could damage the surface or warranty. Also you might cause buckling on parts of the roof by walking on it. A site for information on metal roofs from another post is www.metalroofs.org.
To Construct A Used Bookstore: Should I Use All Ste...
Metal Patio Roof and Gutters
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs