our new old home came with an attached garage with a flat metal roof. The roof is accessed thru a door on 2nd floor.
Wife wants to use the roof as sundeck.
I say metal roof should not be walked on.
Local handyman says its ok with a layer of "astroturf" type carpet. True?
I was thinking of of building removable decking (6' sections with rubber backs on the
4x4s) Any ideas?
Metal roofs are hot! when the sun is out. Depending on your type of roof and how it's coated or not, you could damage the surface or warranty. Also you might cause buckling on parts of the roof by walking on it. A site for information on metal roofs from another post is www.metalroofs.org.
To Construct A Used Bookstore: Should I Use All Ste...
Metal Patio Roof and Gutters
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Laundry Rooms We Love
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 8 Paint Colors to Help Sell Your House
- Furniture Arranging 101
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Brilliant Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- Boost Resale Value: 7 Renovations That Pay
- 10 "Welcoming" Front Door Paint Colors
- 10 “Zero Dollar” Storage Hacks to Try Today
- 5 Things to Do with Cinder Blocks
- 11 Top Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 14 Ways to Make Good Use of Your Old Stuff
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes