our new old home came with an attached garage with a flat metal roof. The roof is accessed thru a door on 2nd floor.
Wife wants to use the roof as sundeck.
I say metal roof should not be walked on.
Local handyman says its ok with a layer of "astroturf" type carpet. True?
I was thinking of of building removable decking (6' sections with rubber backs on the
4x4s) Any ideas?
Metal roofs are hot! when the sun is out. Depending on your type of roof and how it's coated or not, you could damage the surface or warranty. Also you might cause buckling on parts of the roof by walking on it. A site for information on metal roofs from another post is www.metalroofs.org.
To Construct A Used Bookstore: Should I Use All Ste...
Metal Patio Roof and Gutters
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps