I have been in this 30 year old house for about a year now. We discovered Indian Meal Moths (pantry moths) soon after we moved in. Following the advice of a local exterminator we have been using pheromone lures from the local hardware store that trap the moths in a sticky trap. Unfortunatly this is not working because we can not locate the food source and the lavre are not being removed. We have a new exterminator who advised us to remove the insulation from the attic so that we can have the attic sprayed. He thought we might find a food source. After about 45 bags of insulation we found that the attic was clean. NO dried flowers left by the previous owner. No old rodent nests.
The attic will be sprayed on Friday by the ext
erminator and resparayed in a few weeks. The exterminator feels confidnet that we will be calling him back until we find the source. My fear is it that it is hidden in the walls somewhere.
Can anyone offer any advice? We'll try anything! We really want to get rid of this problem!
Thanks for your time!!
We have the same problem, we removed insulation, have taken down a few walls, replaces chimney liner, had attic sprayed, replaced overhangs. put down boric acid, diatomaceous earth, have all our food in air tight water tight containers year round, now I am trying bug zappers in attic they are indoor kind do not bother to buy this zap n trap, do not seem to be working I am going to put down more boric acid with cornmeal, oh yes also used automatic sprayer that release a bug killer every few mins, had 3 of them working. I am going to try a dismate system maybe it is a lot of money. We use the sticky traps to monitor them, makes me sick for every one you see in trap multiply it by 10, that what is flying around nothing seem to work, But until I find the food source I can spend all the money I want I will still have them.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?