I have been in this 30 year old house for about a year now. We discovered Indian Meal Moths (pantry moths) soon after we moved in. Following the advice of a local exterminator we have been using pheromone lures from the local hardware store that trap the moths in a sticky trap. Unfortunatly this is not working because we can not locate the food source and the lavre are not being removed. We have a new exterminator who advised us to remove the insulation from the attic so that we can have the attic sprayed. He thought we might find a food source. After about 45 bags of insulation we found that the attic was clean. NO dried flowers left by the previous owner. No old rodent nests.
The attic will be sprayed on Friday by the ext
erminator and resparayed in a few weeks. The exterminator feels confidnet that we will be calling him back until we find the source. My fear is it that it is hidden in the walls somewhere.
Can anyone offer any advice? We'll try anything! We really want to get rid of this problem!
Thanks for your time!!
We have the same problem, we removed insulation, have taken down a few walls, replaces chimney liner, had attic sprayed, replaced overhangs. put down boric acid, diatomaceous earth, have all our food in air tight water tight containers year round, now I am trying bug zappers in attic they are indoor kind do not bother to buy this zap n trap, do not seem to be working I am going to put down more boric acid with cornmeal, oh yes also used automatic sprayer that release a bug killer every few mins, had 3 of them working. I am going to try a dismate system maybe it is a lot of money. We use the sticky traps to monitor them, makes me sick for every one you see in trap multiply it by 10, that what is flying around nothing seem to work, But until I find the food source I can spend all the money I want I will still have them.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps