House moved 4 feet
Hire a Structural Engineer. It's a whole lot cheaper to pay the $$$ now than it is to have to deal w/it, and the fixes later if any. In short, it's $$$ well spent. If you have any reservations now, then I'd stay away. Hiring a Pro is what I would do.
Just think - In 30 years, you'll spend 3x's the price of the house in mortgage payments and interest and such. I think this fee would be a drop in the bucket! Oh, and hire a good Real Estate Attorney too. Ya don't think the Builder had on write the contracts you signed, no??? He has one looking after HIS interestes. Who's looking after yours ??!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!