House moved 4 feet
Hire a Structural Engineer. It's a whole lot cheaper to pay the $$$ now than it is to have to deal w/it, and the fixes later if any. In short, it's $$$ well spent. If you have any reservations now, then I'd stay away. Hiring a Pro is what I would do.
Just think - In 30 years, you'll spend 3x's the price of the house in mortgage payments and interest and such. I think this fee would be a drop in the bucket! Oh, and hire a good Real Estate Attorney too. Ya don't think the Builder had on write the contracts you signed, no??? He has one looking after HIS interestes. Who's looking after yours ??!
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects