To attach a wall box: Buy a rework electric box (blue plastic rectangular box with tabs top and bottom that grip the wall from behind and tighten with screws). Draw an outline of the box on the wall and carefully cut out the rectangular hole with a key-hole saw. Route the wire into the box, then insert the box in teh hole and tighen the tabs into place. Attach the cover.
Easy way: buy a pair of plastic wall anchors. Mark the hole locations top and bottom of the plate and drill 1/4 inch holes in the drywall, insert anchors, attach cable to plate and attach plate to anchors.
If this is not clear, post back.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight