To attach a wall box: Buy a rework electric box (blue plastic rectangular box with tabs top and bottom that grip the wall from behind and tighten with screws). Draw an outline of the box on the wall and carefully cut out the rectangular hole with a key-hole saw. Route the wire into the box, then insert the box in teh hole and tighen the tabs into place. Attach the cover.
Easy way: buy a pair of plastic wall anchors. Mark the hole locations top and bottom of the plate and drill 1/4 inch holes in the drywall, insert anchors, attach cable to plate and attach plate to anchors.
If this is not clear, post back.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects