I have a home alarm wired by a monitoring station. I asked this question and I never seem to get a straight answer.
I want to know what happens if some cuts my phone line and the alarm goes off.
Does the monitoring recieve any problem signal ?
I know the alarm will go off, however my neighbors will just stay in bes ( like I would).
It amazing I can not get an answer to thsi question.
Most residential systems become whats known as a local alarm when the phone line is compromised. What that means is if your phone line is lost due to a burglar or just the phone company your system can only sound its siren and hope your neighbors call the police. Most alarm companies have backup options such as cell phone or radio communications.These backups allow your system to communicate to the central station with out a phone line . This will cost extra but may be worth it for the peace of mind it will give.
House full of Cat 5e NOW WHAT?!?!
older house, 3 apartment, 1 gas furnance, want to in...
look in the Electrical Archive for Answers
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects