I have a home alarm wired by a monitoring station. I asked this question and I never seem to get a straight answer.
I want to know what happens if some cuts my phone line and the alarm goes off.
Does the monitoring recieve any problem signal ?
I know the alarm will go off, however my neighbors will just stay in bes ( like I would).
It amazing I can not get an answer to thsi question.
Most residential systems become whats known as a local alarm when the phone line is compromised. What that means is if your phone line is lost due to a burglar or just the phone company your system can only sound its siren and hope your neighbors call the police. Most alarm companies have backup options such as cell phone or radio communications.These backups allow your system to communicate to the central station with out a phone line . This will cost extra but may be worth it for the peace of mind it will give.
House full of Cat 5e NOW WHAT?!?!
older house, 3 apartment, 1 gas furnance, want to in...
look in the Electrical Archive for Answers
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps