I have a home alarm wired by a monitoring station. I asked this question and I never seem to get a straight answer.
I want to know what happens if some cuts my phone line and the alarm goes off.
Does the monitoring recieve any problem signal ?
I know the alarm will go off, however my neighbors will just stay in bes ( like I would).
It amazing I can not get an answer to thsi question.
Most residential systems become whats known as a local alarm when the phone line is compromised. What that means is if your phone line is lost due to a burglar or just the phone company your system can only sound its siren and hope your neighbors call the police. Most alarm companies have backup options such as cell phone or radio communications.These backups allow your system to communicate to the central station with out a phone line . This will cost extra but may be worth it for the peace of mind it will give.
House full of Cat 5e NOW WHAT?!?!
older house, 3 apartment, 1 gas furnance, want to in...
look in the Electrical Archive for Answers
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight