I have a home alarm wired by a monitoring station. I asked this question and I never seem to get a straight answer.
I want to know what happens if some cuts my phone line and the alarm goes off.
Does the monitoring recieve any problem signal ?
I know the alarm will go off, however my neighbors will just stay in bes ( like I would).
It amazing I can not get an answer to thsi question.
Most residential systems become whats known as a local alarm when the phone line is compromised. What that means is if your phone line is lost due to a burglar or just the phone company your system can only sound its siren and hope your neighbors call the police. Most alarm companies have backup options such as cell phone or radio communications.These backups allow your system to communicate to the central station with out a phone line . This will cost extra but may be worth it for the peace of mind it will give.
House full of Cat 5e NOW WHAT?!?!
older house, 3 apartment, 1 gas furnance, want to in...
look in the Electrical Archive for Answers
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING