I have a home alarm wired by a monitoring station. I asked this question and I never seem to get a straight answer.
I want to know what happens if some cuts my phone line and the alarm goes off.
Does the monitoring recieve any problem signal ?
I know the alarm will go off, however my neighbors will just stay in bes ( like I would).
It amazing I can not get an answer to thsi question.
Most residential systems become whats known as a local alarm when the phone line is compromised. What that means is if your phone line is lost due to a burglar or just the phone company your system can only sound its siren and hope your neighbors call the police. Most alarm companies have backup options such as cell phone or radio communications.These backups allow your system to communicate to the central station with out a phone line . This will cost extra but may be worth it for the peace of mind it will give.
House full of Cat 5e NOW WHAT?!?!
older house, 3 apartment, 1 gas furnance, want to in...
look in the Electrical Archive for Answers
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY