table saws for furniture making??
Here are some reviews on mid-priced table saws: http://toolreviews.shopnotes.com/tablesaws/tablesaws.html
[This message has been edited by LDoyle (edited March 25, 2003).]
You also want a good fence, the sturdier the better, the wider the better. It needs to have a good clamping system, where when its clamped down you wont be able to budge either end. You also want to make suer its mounting system it secure and that the fence is parallel to the blade and slot, and that the blade is also parallel to the slot.
With that said, if you can afford it, you can get a 5 in 1 tool, a shop smith. They cost about $2600, but worth every penny. you get a table saw, a drill press, a lathe, disk sander, and a horizontal boring machine. There are also planer, jigsaw, and bandsaw attachments for it. It is a very good machine, so if you are looking for something like that and can afford it, buy it, you cant go wrong, they even gaurantee it money back for 30 days, if you dont like it, they will take it back no questions asked.
No I dont sell them, I dont even have one, but sure wish I could afford one.
Radial Arm Saw or Table Saw.....Which is the best ch...
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
Adjusting a ***** Table saw's blade.
Jigs of any sort
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight