table saws for furniture making??
Here are some reviews on mid-priced table saws: http://toolreviews.shopnotes.com/tablesaws/tablesaws.html
[This message has been edited by LDoyle (edited March 25, 2003).]
You also want a good fence, the sturdier the better, the wider the better. It needs to have a good clamping system, where when its clamped down you wont be able to budge either end. You also want to make suer its mounting system it secure and that the fence is parallel to the blade and slot, and that the blade is also parallel to the slot.
With that said, if you can afford it, you can get a 5 in 1 tool, a shop smith. They cost about $2600, but worth every penny. you get a table saw, a drill press, a lathe, disk sander, and a horizontal boring machine. There are also planer, jigsaw, and bandsaw attachments for it. It is a very good machine, so if you are looking for something like that and can afford it, buy it, you cant go wrong, they even gaurantee it money back for 30 days, if you dont like it, they will take it back no questions asked.
No I dont sell them, I dont even have one, but sure wish I could afford one.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes