table saws for furniture making??
Here are some reviews on mid-priced table saws: http://toolreviews.shopnotes.com/tablesaws/tablesaws.html
[This message has been edited by LDoyle (edited March 25, 2003).]
You also want a good fence, the sturdier the better, the wider the better. It needs to have a good clamping system, where when its clamped down you wont be able to budge either end. You also want to make suer its mounting system it secure and that the fence is parallel to the blade and slot, and that the blade is also parallel to the slot.
With that said, if you can afford it, you can get a 5 in 1 tool, a shop smith. They cost about $2600, but worth every penny. you get a table saw, a drill press, a lathe, disk sander, and a horizontal boring machine. There are also planer, jigsaw, and bandsaw attachments for it. It is a very good machine, so if you are looking for something like that and can afford it, buy it, you cant go wrong, they even gaurantee it money back for 30 days, if you dont like it, they will take it back no questions asked.
No I dont sell them, I dont even have one, but sure wish I could afford one.
Radial Arm Saw or Table Saw.....Which is the best ch...
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
Adjusting a ***** Table saw's blade.
Jigs of any sort
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda