table saws for furniture making??
Here are some reviews on mid-priced table saws: http://toolreviews.shopnotes.com/tablesaws/tablesaws.html
[This message has been edited by LDoyle (edited March 25, 2003).]
You also want a good fence, the sturdier the better, the wider the better. It needs to have a good clamping system, where when its clamped down you wont be able to budge either end. You also want to make suer its mounting system it secure and that the fence is parallel to the blade and slot, and that the blade is also parallel to the slot.
With that said, if you can afford it, you can get a 5 in 1 tool, a shop smith. They cost about $2600, but worth every penny. you get a table saw, a drill press, a lathe, disk sander, and a horizontal boring machine. There are also planer, jigsaw, and bandsaw attachments for it. It is a very good machine, so if you are looking for something like that and can afford it, buy it, you cant go wrong, they even gaurantee it money back for 30 days, if you dont like it, they will take it back no questions asked.
No I dont sell them, I dont even have one, but sure wish I could afford one.
Radial Arm Saw or Table Saw.....Which is the best ch...
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
Adjusting a ***** Table saw's blade.
Jigs of any sort
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING