I am intersested in purchasing an air compressor for my home automotive projects. I am curious what scfm/psi ratings are needed for removing most parts. It looks like most of the entry level compressors have about 8.6 SCFM at 40 psi and 6.4 SCFM at 90 psi. Do you think this is adequate for removing old parts or should I step up to the mid level compressors? Thanks.
about the only thing that is hard to remove with lower cfm is paint ... the entry-level compressor will probably run what you need (impact wrench etc) - but to be sure - each tool you buy generally also has a scfm rating that will allow you to match up the compressor with the tool ... A point to know, if you plan on doing any body work, an entry level machine will not be enough - most body work air-tools are pretty hefty air hogs.
Hope this helps ...
Depending on what voltage you have. the most economical compressor is the 60 gal,2 cyl,v compressor,cast iron,14.6 cfm. This will accomodate a one man body shop. will handle 1 in impacts,run da sanders and paint very well. voltage requires 230 volt single phase power. If you want a small good 110 volt,220 volt compressor, I have a 20 gal 4 hp 2 cyl v compressor at 8.6 cfm, will run 1/2 in. impact,paint and do most all household chores. This is a Puma compressor model pumpp5020. take a look at www.toolcentral.com for more info.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight