Im looking for opinions on Worm Drive Circular saws, what users like about them , and what users hate about them that they would like to see. many of the current models like Skil etc havent changed in 30 years.
Would also like to hear from users in California that I could vsiit or builders who use the saws that we could research.
Conducting research etc
I have a old skill 7 1/4 inch worm drive saw, 30 + years old, and have had it serviced by skill once, I do normal routine maintenance and have had to replace power cords a couple of times. I also have a couple of regular circular saws by they are pretty much relagated to the storage bin.. Hmmm don't actually know when I did use them last.. Anyhow I don't have anything bad to say about the Skill worm drive saw, well unless you want to say it's heavier than the others. I also have a Portercable 4'' worm drive saw but do have a few complaints about it.. 1. No carbide blades for it, (at least that I've found). 2. The shoe is not as solid as it should be so adjustments are not very stable. 3. Why did they make it "left handed????" I just had to adapt!
Advice and Feedback on Project at MIT
worm drive circular saw, making an accurate crosscut
Circular Saw Question
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight