Im looking for opinions on Worm Drive Circular saws, what users like about them , and what users hate about them that they would like to see. many of the current models like Skil etc havent changed in 30 years.
Would also like to hear from users in California that I could vsiit or builders who use the saws that we could research.
Conducting research etc
I have a old skill 7 1/4 inch worm drive saw, 30 + years old, and have had it serviced by skill once, I do normal routine maintenance and have had to replace power cords a couple of times. I also have a couple of regular circular saws by they are pretty much relagated to the storage bin.. Hmmm don't actually know when I did use them last.. Anyhow I don't have anything bad to say about the Skill worm drive saw, well unless you want to say it's heavier than the others. I also have a Portercable 4'' worm drive saw but do have a few complaints about it.. 1. No carbide blades for it, (at least that I've found). 2. The shoe is not as solid as it should be so adjustments are not very stable. 3. Why did they make it "left handed????" I just had to adapt!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes