Im looking for opinions on Worm Drive Circular saws, what users like about them , and what users hate about them that they would like to see. many of the current models like Skil etc havent changed in 30 years.
Would also like to hear from users in California that I could vsiit or builders who use the saws that we could research.
Conducting research etc
I have a old skill 7 1/4 inch worm drive saw, 30 + years old, and have had it serviced by skill once, I do normal routine maintenance and have had to replace power cords a couple of times. I also have a couple of regular circular saws by they are pretty much relagated to the storage bin.. Hmmm don't actually know when I did use them last.. Anyhow I don't have anything bad to say about the Skill worm drive saw, well unless you want to say it's heavier than the others. I also have a Portercable 4'' worm drive saw but do have a few complaints about it.. 1. No carbide blades for it, (at least that I've found). 2. The shoe is not as solid as it should be so adjustments are not very stable. 3. Why did they make it "left handed????" I just had to adapt!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!