Shop question that probably has a simple solution, but that so far, has eluded me:
Have 2 wooden discs that I need to turn true, they already have 7/8 holes in center.
My only rotary tool is drill press with 1/2 chuck.
Does somebody have or know of a way I can chuck them in my DP and turn them true...remembering that I have 1/2 chuck?
I've thought of a mandrel, maybe there's one made with adjustable/expandable center so one can chuck a piece with existing hole...anybody know?
You might try and get a bushing like the ones uesed fro grinding wheels to reduce the hole diameter to a smaller grinder shaft. I am sure you should be able to find these. It might require two steps to go from 7/8 to 1/2 inch but you could then put them on a 1/2 inch bolt and chuck it into the drill press.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!