Shop question that probably has a simple solution, but that so far, has eluded me:
Have 2 wooden discs that I need to turn true, they already have 7/8 holes in center.
My only rotary tool is drill press with 1/2 chuck.
Does somebody have or know of a way I can chuck them in my DP and turn them true...remembering that I have 1/2 chuck?
I've thought of a mandrel, maybe there's one made with adjustable/expandable center so one can chuck a piece with existing hole...anybody know?
You might try and get a bushing like the ones uesed fro grinding wheels to reduce the hole diameter to a smaller grinder shaft. I am sure you should be able to find these. It might require two steps to go from 7/8 to 1/2 inch but you could then put them on a 1/2 inch bolt and chuck it into the drill press.
Shower Handles Hard to Turn
How to turn on furnace boiler??
Replacing mixer bathtub/shower faucet . Does the old...
Work Shelves in the Garage
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight