Shop question that probably has a simple solution, but that so far, has eluded me:
Have 2 wooden discs that I need to turn true, they already have 7/8 holes in center.
My only rotary tool is drill press with 1/2 chuck.
Does somebody have or know of a way I can chuck them in my DP and turn them true...remembering that I have 1/2 chuck?
I've thought of a mandrel, maybe there's one made with adjustable/expandable center so one can chuck a piece with existing hole...anybody know?
You might try and get a bushing like the ones uesed fro grinding wheels to reduce the hole diameter to a smaller grinder shaft. I am sure you should be able to find these. It might require two steps to go from 7/8 to 1/2 inch but you could then put them on a 1/2 inch bolt and chuck it into the drill press.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips