Shop question that probably has a simple solution, but that so far, has eluded me:
Have 2 wooden discs that I need to turn true, they already have 7/8 holes in center.
My only rotary tool is drill press with 1/2 chuck.
Does somebody have or know of a way I can chuck them in my DP and turn them true...remembering that I have 1/2 chuck?
I've thought of a mandrel, maybe there's one made with adjustable/expandable center so one can chuck a piece with existing hole...anybody know?
You might try and get a bushing like the ones uesed fro grinding wheels to reduce the hole diameter to a smaller grinder shaft. I am sure you should be able to find these. It might require two steps to go from 7/8 to 1/2 inch but you could then put them on a 1/2 inch bolt and chuck it into the drill press.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!