Shop question that probably has a simple solution, but that so far, has eluded me:
Have 2 wooden discs that I need to turn true, they already have 7/8 holes in center.
My only rotary tool is drill press with 1/2 chuck.
Does somebody have or know of a way I can chuck them in my DP and turn them true...remembering that I have 1/2 chuck?
I've thought of a mandrel, maybe there's one made with adjustable/expandable center so one can chuck a piece with existing hole...anybody know?
You might try and get a bushing like the ones uesed fro grinding wheels to reduce the hole diameter to a smaller grinder shaft. I am sure you should be able to find these. It might require two steps to go from 7/8 to 1/2 inch but you could then put them on a 1/2 inch bolt and chuck it into the drill press.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 9 New & Familiar Ways to Add Moldings
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- 11 Kitchens That Defy Their Small Size