My old craftsman wood router's variable speed switch gave out recently so I ordered a new one from ***** and it got here last Friday. The problem is not with the switch but the fact that, without taking notes, I disconnected the wiring that met inside the motor housing.
The following wires all need to be connected to one another inside the top part of the motor housing. The electric motor has 3 wires coming out of it Red, Black, and White. The harness coming up from the switch in one of the handles has the same three colors. Needless to say, the power cord has just Black and White (no ground). There is a light bulb in the handle of the tool that is wired into the switch as per the same wiring diagram. The diagram does not illustrate the connections in the motor housing. Assuming I have wired the switch correctly as shown in the diagram that came with the part from *****, how should the wires in the motor housing be connected to one another?
In case you are curious as to why I disconnected the wires in the first place....I straight wired the power cord to the black and white wires coming out of the motor, bypassing the bad switch, so I could finish a small job in the mean time.
Any help is appreciated. I'm a first time user on this site.
Bill the Builder
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers