My old craftsman wood router's variable speed switch gave out recently so I ordered a new one from ***** and it got here last Friday. The problem is not with the switch but the fact that, without taking notes, I disconnected the wiring that met inside the motor housing.
The following wires all need to be connected to one another inside the top part of the motor housing. The electric motor has 3 wires coming out of it Red, Black, and White. The harness coming up from the switch in one of the handles has the same three colors. Needless to say, the power cord has just Black and White (no ground). There is a light bulb in the handle of the tool that is wired into the switch as per the same wiring diagram. The diagram does not illustrate the connections in the motor housing. Assuming I have wired the switch correctly as shown in the diagram that came with the part from *****, how should the wires in the motor housing be connected to one another?
In case you are curious as to why I disconnected the wires in the first place....I straight wired the power cord to the black and white wires coming out of the motor, bypassing the bad switch, so I could finish a small job in the mean time.
Any help is appreciated. I'm a first time user on this site.
Bill the Builder
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?