I have an older (1977) Craftsman Electronic Radial Arm Saw. I’d really like to keep this baby alive.
1) I am in need of an owners manual. A .pdf is fine. A service manual would be dynamite.
2) I was using the saw today and the blade jammed. I removed the wood but the blade no longer powers up. The reset button on the motor is not set. I have waited over an hour since it has thermal protection, but now luck powering up the blade motor. The main power switch works and the LED Read out works, but not the saw motor. The saw motor has its own power switch and an overload/thermal reset button/switch. I hear no grunts or whines from the motor when the switch is closed. The motor does not jump or attempt to spin at all. I wonder if it could be the thermal protection manual reset switch.
3) The motor had become weak lately. The blade motor stops often while cutting. Fearing the worse, now that the blade motor will not power up, I looked on the Sears Parts Direct website for a new motor pn#75085. The motor is listed as discontinued. I called Sears and they told me that the motor was discontinued. Sorry Charlie! I hear Emerson supplied the motors for model number 113.xxx Craftsman saws. Any idea how to cross-reference the Craftsman motor to an Emerson motor.
The motor is PN# 75085, Source 113, 120v, single phase, 11.0Amp, 60Hz, 3450RPM
4) Any known carriers of old craftsman/emerson motors? Or, Any known small electric motor rebuilders in the Houston, TX area?
113.29501 Craftsman radial arm saw manual
Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw Cord replacement
Craftsman 10 in.radial arm saw owners manual available
radial arm saw
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight