I have an older (1977) Craftsman Electronic Radial Arm Saw. I’d really like to keep this baby alive.
1) I am in need of an owners manual. A .pdf is fine. A service manual would be dynamite.
2) I was using the saw today and the blade jammed. I removed the wood but the blade no longer powers up. The reset button on the motor is not set. I have waited over an hour since it has thermal protection, but now luck powering up the blade motor. The main power switch works and the LED Read out works, but not the saw motor. The saw motor has its own power switch and an overload/thermal reset button/switch. I hear no grunts or whines from the motor when the switch is closed. The motor does not jump or attempt to spin at all. I wonder if it could be the thermal protection manual reset switch.
3) The motor had become weak lately. The blade motor stops often while cutting. Fearing the worse, now that the blade motor will not power up, I looked on the Sears Parts Direct website for a new motor pn#75085. The motor is listed as discontinued. I called Sears and they told me that the motor was discontinued. Sorry Charlie! I hear Emerson supplied the motors for model number 113.xxx Craftsman saws. Any idea how to cross-reference the Craftsman motor to an Emerson motor.
The motor is PN# 75085, Source 113, 120v, single phase, 11.0Amp, 60Hz, 3450RPM
4) Any known carriers of old craftsman/emerson motors? Or, Any known small electric motor rebuilders in the Houston, TX area?
113.29501 Craftsman radial arm saw manual
Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw Cord replacement
Craftsman 10 in.radial arm saw owners manual available
radial arm saw
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers