Slab foundation construction & pier question
We are currently looking at building a home with a slab foundation. The lot location is in a low lying area which has in the past been heavily saturated with water. The sudivision was developed recently with a lot of grading and earth moving being completed to raise the lot elevation and also to put a drainage ditch behind the lot to prevent flooding. I have been assured the lots have been compacted to stabilize the ground but I am uncertain if this will prevent any significant settling in the future if I build there. The Builders use slab foundations and I believe they are using some form of cable tension / expansion slab installation method. I have inquired about if they would have any piers or footings in this foundation and they said it is not currently engineered for that kind of slab foundation but if I wanted a pier foundation they would do it for $$$. My question is what is the different methods for pouring slab foundations and considering my description of the lot, which method would you recommend to minimize foundation settling and problems in the future?
Benefits of Slab Foundations???
Sonatube used for heat/air ducts in slab foundation
Cement Slab Question
Platform on a Slab Foundation - Skreeted?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide