Get all the details and compare carefully before making a decision.
FYI - I am in the RE profession, so we get this ? a lot. As stated by the lending professionals we deal closely with - it is generally not beneficial until the rate drops two (or more) points below what you are currently financed out - to average the difference of costs of 're-fi' into the equation - and to make it worthwhile for you. FYI - as an aside - we are in a similar situation - lived here 3 years, financed @ 6.725 - You don't have a bad rate, and it'll be hard to refinance low enough to make it worth your while. Maybe you wish to consider prepayments on your principal - which will significantly decrease the amount of interest paid on your loan. You can do a search for a mortgage amoritization calculator, (there are many available online) - and this will allow you to see your interest savings in details, varied by the xtra principal you choose to pay.
Hope this helps!
Looking for Replacement Tile
Need Trafficmaster Savannah laminate flooring
12"x12" Texas Beige ceramic Tile made in Mexico item...
Trying to find out who makes this faucet....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees