I have a dilemma with my bathroom. The tub-shower is built-in and surrounded on three sides like a traditional built-in. The difficulty is the open wall - it has an opening in the shape of an arch rather than regular rectangular one.
I want to put a shower curtain rod, but the trouble is knowing how to do it. Do I put a straight rod on the inside of the arch? I think it would look silly (too high) outside of the arch, but I don't have a creative solution.
I'm going to assume that the walls of your traditional shower are tiled so you don't need the whole claw foot tub shower ring enclosure thing. If that is the case, I would go with the straight bar across the inside of the arch. Try to find a bar that matches the style of your house. For instance, a mission style house might look great with a twisted iron rod. Simple chrome would look great in a classic or modern house. Two things to consider... for most of the time the shower curtain will be open and when you are showering the space between the top of the shower curtain and the arch will allow the steam to escape. If you decide to mount it on the outside, again mount it at a normal height (not at or above the arch level) and maybe put 2 shower curtains up with one on each side of the opening to frame the shower/bath. Hope this helps and is clear enough to understand!
Rough Inspection Questions....Please Help...
Need help wiring lanterns with built in motion senso...
Need help/ideas on a cabinet/built in armoire
St. Charles Complete Kitchen
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps