I'm remodeling my kitchen and restoring it back to the 1940's. My home was built in 1942 and I guess I'm a throwback to the era ... LOL.
I cannot find a single thing online with a visual model of a 1940's kitchen and need help as to what colors were most popular. Also I need pics of vintage appliances.
I recently bought a canister set from the 40's and it was bright red strawberries and green leaf's. You might want to check out the antique stores and also flea markets. At least you could get an idea of the types of appliances and accessories that were used in the 40's
Wedgewood Stove book/manual ?
Compact Dishwasher from one of the shows
Where can I find 1940's kitchen wallpaper designs?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers