I'm remodeling my kitchen and restoring it back to the 1940's. My home was built in 1942 and I guess I'm a throwback to the era ... LOL.
I cannot find a single thing online with a visual model of a 1940's kitchen and need help as to what colors were most popular. Also I need pics of vintage appliances.
I recently bought a canister set from the 40's and it was bright red strawberries and green leaf's. You might want to check out the antique stores and also flea markets. At least you could get an idea of the types of appliances and accessories that were used in the 40's
Wedgewood Stove book/manual ?
Compact Dishwasher from one of the shows
Where can I find 1940's kitchen wallpaper designs?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!