I'm remodeling my kitchen and restoring it back to the 1940's. My home was built in 1942 and I guess I'm a throwback to the era ... LOL.
I cannot find a single thing online with a visual model of a 1940's kitchen and need help as to what colors were most popular. Also I need pics of vintage appliances.
I recently bought a canister set from the 40's and it was bright red strawberries and green leaf's. You might want to check out the antique stores and also flea markets. At least you could get an idea of the types of appliances and accessories that were used in the 40's
Wedgewood Stove book/manual ?
Compact Dishwasher from one of the shows
Where can I find 1940's kitchen wallpaper designs?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!