Painting a feature wall
How do I paint a feature wall with different paint (e.g. red color; and the remaining of the house is white) without damaging the paint on the side walls (see the desired result I wanted at:
I tried to use sticky tape; but could not manage to get a good job.
Can you believe that I worked in a paint store for almost 6 years and I have the exact same problem with the tape. I have a fool proof way of achieving the perfect seam between walls without the hassle! It is simple. Paint your usual method as close as possible to the edges. Purchase a small artists brush and finish off the edges. It will take you a little extra time to complete the job but I can guarantee you it is worth it. And make sure that you don't skimp on the artists brush. Buy a decent quality brush so that the bristles lie straight. I prefer a 1 inch brush. Good luck!
paint the lightest colour first have it run slightly over where the new colour is going to start then apply your tape after it has dried for 24 hours. Then paint along the tape with the lightest colour this will seal the tape line and stop any bleeding. then apply your next colour. When you peel the tape off there will be no paint bleeding it works great I used this for colour blocking my wall and painting lines etc. works like a dream every time...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!