Painting a feature wall
How do I paint a feature wall with different paint (e.g. red color; and the remaining of the house is white) without damaging the paint on the side walls (see the desired result I wanted at:
I tried to use sticky tape; but could not manage to get a good job.
Can you believe that I worked in a paint store for almost 6 years and I have the exact same problem with the tape. I have a fool proof way of achieving the perfect seam between walls without the hassle! It is simple. Paint your usual method as close as possible to the edges. Purchase a small artists brush and finish off the edges. It will take you a little extra time to complete the job but I can guarantee you it is worth it. And make sure that you don't skimp on the artists brush. Buy a decent quality brush so that the bristles lie straight. I prefer a 1 inch brush. Good luck!
paint the lightest colour first have it run slightly over where the new colour is going to start then apply your tape after it has dried for 24 hours. Then paint along the tape with the lightest colour this will seal the tape line and stop any bleeding. then apply your next colour. When you peel the tape off there will be no paint bleeding it works great I used this for colour blocking my wall and painting lines etc. works like a dream every time...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight