I really want to get answers from people who -know clothes/fabric- and the real effects/risk factors here. I felt this seemed the best forum for that.
Would bathroom humidity be a risk factor for clothing hanging in a walk-in closet, if a folding door was used in place of a normal one?
We have a house with our clothing closet directly connected to our master bathroom (which contains a large bath and shower as well). It has a fan, but a great deal of steam tends to be generated each time it is used, regardless. Our closet contains our hanging clothes as well as stored suitcases and other items as we can fit them- it is a walk in closet. It currently has a normal door- but this door prevents us using some of its space.
My wife was seriously thinking of replacing the present door we have (it had a little space under it for airflow, but otherwise does help keep humidity out) with a simple folding door, to enable us to use the wall-space better for clothes. It is currently pretty packed on her side of the closet.
Question: Are we risking damaging our clothing and other items by doing this? We use the bathroom normally, two people. Could this, over time, cause growth on our clothes or other issues?
THANK you for your skilled advice, in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide