I really want to get answers from people who -know clothes/fabric- and the real effects/risk factors here. I felt this seemed the best forum for that.
Would bathroom humidity be a risk factor for clothing hanging in a walk-in closet, if a folding door was used in place of a normal one?
We have a house with our clothing closet directly connected to our master bathroom (which contains a large bath and shower as well). It has a fan, but a great deal of steam tends to be generated each time it is used, regardless. Our closet contains our hanging clothes as well as stored suitcases and other items as we can fit them- it is a walk in closet. It currently has a normal door- but this door prevents us using some of its space.
My wife was seriously thinking of replacing the present door we have (it had a little space under it for airflow, but otherwise does help keep humidity out) with a simple folding door, to enable us to use the wall-space better for clothes. It is currently pretty packed on her side of the closet.
Question: Are we risking damaging our clothing and other items by doing this? We use the bathroom normally, two people. Could this, over time, cause growth on our clothes or other issues?
THANK you for your skilled advice, in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them