I really want to get answers from people who -know clothes/fabric- and the real effects/risk factors here. I felt this seemed the best forum for that.
Would bathroom humidity be a risk factor for clothing hanging in a walk-in closet, if a folding door was used in place of a normal one?
We have a house with our clothing closet directly connected to our master bathroom (which contains a large bath and shower as well). It has a fan, but a great deal of steam tends to be generated each time it is used, regardless. Our closet contains our hanging clothes as well as stored suitcases and other items as we can fit them- it is a walk in closet. It currently has a normal door- but this door prevents us using some of its space.
My wife was seriously thinking of replacing the present door we have (it had a little space under it for airflow, but otherwise does help keep humidity out) with a simple folding door, to enable us to use the wall-space better for clothes. It is currently pretty packed on her side of the closet.
Question: Are we risking damaging our clothing and other items by doing this? We use the bathroom normally, two people. Could this, over time, cause growth on our clothes or other issues?
THANK you for your skilled advice, in advance.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips