QUESTION: January 22, 2005:
Current patio condition:
We own a cement patio that show several stress cracks extending across the width and length. The patio is approximately 10x15 feet. The age of the patio is 40 years and adjacent to our very modest home.
What is the most cost efficient approach to repair the stress cracks without removing all the cement and starting completely from scratch?
We wish to resurface perhaps with stone.
Look at epoxy/stone resurfacing. The cracks can be addressed by stitching them and then epoxy/stone can be applied over the top for a beautiful organic look. I would recommend a reputable company that uses high quality epoxies like GoldenLook Int. or Futura. Lesser quality epoxies just won't last. Email me with any questions, [email protected]
Epoxy stone is designed specifically to hide ugly concrete. Any cement overlay will eventually crack if the ground and the cement move underneath it. Epoxy stone is the only overlay that it truly repairable. It is generally applied at 3/8" thick and can be done over vertical surfaces. The only maintenance is periodic (3-6 years) resealing, which is as simple as mixing the epoxy and applying it with a paint roller. Beware of any overlay companies claiming their surface does not need resealing. All overlays (including stamped/stained), with the exception of Kool Deck require resealing. Any questions please email me. I can put you in contact with an installer in your area.
I want to repair uneven patio sections and then cover with epoxy brick colored to match a brick adjacent patio. Are there dealers in Mesa, AZ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects