Im looking to build a second story deck (appox. 12'wide X 8' depth)and i was wondering if there is away to build the deck without supporting the deck from ground level(running post from girder down to ground level)? Otherwise im looking for anyone that has drawings of a double decker that might work.
thank you for all the help!!
Which direction does the 2nd Floor framing run? One way other than the proverbial skyhook is to cantilever out with the 2nd story framing but if the existing floor joists are running parallel to the 12' width you would have to reconfigure the 2nd floor framing to a depth of 16' into the house which could involve major demolition, reconstruction, and $$$. Maybe diagonal braces on the sides but have an architect or engineer design them for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers