Im looking to build a second story deck (appox. 12'wide X 8' depth)and i was wondering if there is away to build the deck without supporting the deck from ground level(running post from girder down to ground level)? Otherwise im looking for anyone that has drawings of a double decker that might work.
thank you for all the help!!
Which direction does the 2nd Floor framing run? One way other than the proverbial skyhook is to cantilever out with the 2nd story framing but if the existing floor joists are running parallel to the 12' width you would have to reconfigure the 2nd floor framing to a depth of 16' into the house which could involve major demolition, reconstruction, and $$$. Maybe diagonal braces on the sides but have an architect or engineer design them for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects