Im looking to build a second story deck (appox. 12'wide X 8' depth)and i was wondering if there is away to build the deck without supporting the deck from ground level(running post from girder down to ground level)? Otherwise im looking for anyone that has drawings of a double decker that might work.
thank you for all the help!!
Which direction does the 2nd Floor framing run? One way other than the proverbial skyhook is to cantilever out with the 2nd story framing but if the existing floor joists are running parallel to the 12' width you would have to reconfigure the 2nd floor framing to a depth of 16' into the house which could involve major demolition, reconstruction, and $$$. Maybe diagonal braces on the sides but have an architect or engineer design them for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!