Im looking to build a second story deck (appox. 12'wide X 8' depth)and i was wondering if there is away to build the deck without supporting the deck from ground level(running post from girder down to ground level)? Otherwise im looking for anyone that has drawings of a double decker that might work.
thank you for all the help!!
Which direction does the 2nd Floor framing run? One way other than the proverbial skyhook is to cantilever out with the 2nd story framing but if the existing floor joists are running parallel to the 12' width you would have to reconfigure the 2nd floor framing to a depth of 16' into the house which could involve major demolition, reconstruction, and $$$. Maybe diagonal braces on the sides but have an architect or engineer design them for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips